Miamisburg Fire Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy1974

Premium Subscriber
can anyone tell me if miamisburgs fire dispatches are simulcast on a vhf freq for voice pagers such as the keynote or minitor? and if so what the freq is and the pl tone ?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Maybe on County Fire on 154.1300 141.3 PL tone, I haven't paid close enough attention as to whether they simulcast Miamisburg Fire dispatches on there. 154.1300 simulcasts RDC 1 TGID 13232 on the county system.

The old Miamisburg Fire VHF repeater 154.4450 has been silent for quite a few years now.

andy1974

Premium Subscriber
yea i knew the old freq was gone but i wasnt sure if they are even using voice pagers for dispatching or not..i havent seen a trunking keynote or minitor lol. they prolly all just use radios. i will check out that freq. thanks for being responsive to my messages thanks

Irishfireguy3622

Premium Subscriber
MFD is among those being dispatched by the county on the TRS and simulcasted on 154.130. Their tones are different then they had been before the switch but they are there.

andy1974

Premium Subscriber
Maybe on County Fire on 154.1300 141.3 PL tone, I haven't paid close enough attention as to whether they simulcast Miamisburg Fire dispatches on there. 154.1300 simulcasts RDC 1 TGID 13232 on the county system.

The old Miamisburg Fire VHF repeater 154.4450 has been silent for quite a few years now.

ok i am sorry i am back to this topic .....i managed to buy a minitor 2 for 10.00 on the 154.1300 freq. now with that said what tone filters do i need to listen to just miamisburg and miami twp? also , if there is NO filters installed will i recive anything?

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
ok i am sorry i am back to this topic .....i managed to buy a minitor 2 for 10.00 on the 154.1300 freq. now with that said what tone filters do i need to listen to just miamisburg and miami twp? also , if there is NO filters installed will i recive anything?

Check the Montgomery County Wiki .

What is listed is what was used before the switch the County Dispatching, its possible they could have changed.
I just updated it to reflect the county frequencies since Miamisburg and Miami Township no longer use their old VHF fire repeaters.

andy1974

Premium Subscriber
thanks , i found the tones .....however those discription dont really mean anything to me....i wonder who would know which tone would be the general dispatching tone for the burg ?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
thanks , i found the tones .....however those discription dont really mean anything to me....i wonder who would know which tone would be the general dispatching tone for the burg ?

If you go to my post here from several years back.
Closely monitor county fire for Miamisburg FD dispatches and follow my instructions in the post you can find out what their exact tones are. :wink:

andy1974

Premium Subscriber
Great!!!!!!, you dont happen to know where the154.1300 repeater transmitter is located ?

andy1974

Premium Subscriber
oh wow, that transmitter is in englewood.....thats why coverage is spotty on the minitor in miamisburg. not sure if they plan to continue the simulcast on that freq. would be nice to have a transmitter on the dayco or mcso comm center building.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
oh wow, that transmitter is in englewood.....thats why coverage is spotty on the minitor in miamisburg. not sure if they plan to continue the simulcast on that freq. would be nice to have a transmitter on the dayco or mcso comm center building.

That makes sense as that was the old Madison Township Fire frequency.
The county took it over sometime after Madison Township dissolved.

However, they have multiple licenses for that frequency and multiple sites
throughout the county. Take a look here.

andy1974

Premium Subscriber
hmmmmmm......

Site: 6 Address: 2 PRESTIGE PLAZA City: MIAMISBURG, OH County: MONTGOMERY Coordinates: 39° 37' 56.2" N, 84° 13' 44.8" W

Frequency: 154.13000000

doesnt seem right singal not strong enough

Status
Not open for further replies.