• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mic problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtbls1987

hello Eveyone again,

I am having problems with my radio. i go to transmit to test the radio and sometimes it goes blank except the xmit,and RX are lit then it comes back on. is this more then likely a Mic Problem of is it worse.

Emtbls1987/fire

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
You cant power a spectra that draws 25+ amps on tx with a CB power supply that puts out maybe 10 amps it will recieve because the reciever draws maybe 3 amps

emtbls1987

Spectra Mic Problem

Hello All

I have checked the Amps on the Box. it is 13.8 V that is coming out of it.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Its not the volts ... Its the amps. it needs at least 30 amps to fully transmit with a highpower spectra. amps are different than volts

jim202

You need to measure the voltage while your trying to transmit. What everyone is trying to tell you is
that your probably pulling more current (AMPS) in transmit than the power supply can produce. This
causes the voltage to take a nose dive and causes the radio to go into a reset like your just powering
the radio on.

Jim

Hello All

I have checked the Amps on the Box. it is 13.8 V that is coming out of it.

emtbls1987

MIc Problem

hello all,

Sorry for not really paying attention. i should have realized that like you are saying since the Radio is 100 W it takes more then 13.4 Volts. I am going to measure the Voltage when transmiting and see. i am sure it probably will be not enough im going to see if i can hook it up too two diffrent amps and see if that will help. Also How will this radio work with it just being hooked up in my truck.

Thank You all for the Help, and for being patient with me

emtbls1987

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
2 amps arent going to do it. You may need a high output supply or a Car battery and a trickle charger to keep the voltage up when not transmitting. In a truck it will be fine because it will use the battery to supply the amps necessary

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
You need to measure the voltage while your trying to transmit. What everyone is trying to tell you is
that your probably pulling more current (AMPS) in transmit than the power supply can produce. This
causes the voltage to take a nose dive and causes the radio to go into a reset like your just powering
the radio on.

Jim

If you are going to check this with a meter, realize that that the voltage drop only lasts a fraction of a second before the radio craps out and reinitializes. A digital meter may not even respond that quick and an analog meter will only twitch a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.