Michael Furdock v. RadioReference.com LLC - Subscription renewal reminder results in class action lawsuit

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Well I don't know about you guys, but I can't afford one of them hi-fallutin' Florida lawyer fellas, so I'm gonna renew my subscription before I get one of those "audacious, malicious, egregious, capritious, atrocious...disgusting" emails!
If you play your cards right we might be able to get you on a big billboard as the Marlboro Man.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
well, if all of us call and ask if they send bills to customers, does that make YOU a collection service ?
after a couple of thousand call, he might figure it out..
i am not saying to do that, it is just a question. ;)
Always better to make your inquiries by fax, they've got to keep that fax machine full of paper😏.

BinaryMode

Is it any wonder why a lot of companies now-a-days force their customers into an arbitration clause? I'm not defending arbitration, but you know, when lawyers like that use the legal system as their get rich playground for frivolous pursuits, you now know why companies force their customers into arbitration. At least in my opinion. On top of that all the legalese nonsense you see written everywhere today like, "the beverage you're about to enjoy is very hot." As a young lad that was perhaps my first ever learning of a frivolous lawsuit when some woman spilled hot McDonald's coffee on themselves and sued.

I haven't read your ToS, but at this juncture it might be worthwhile to discuss with your legal team adding and indemnify clause.

When I read that this guy's moniker is "the General" I had to laugh because I immediately thought of The General car insurance here in the states. And here's a classic Family Guy spoof of that very car commercial. HAHAHA.

In synopsis, lawyers like this give the good lawyers a bad name, and I know a few, one of whom is a good friend of mine that happened to put away a lot of bad IRA guys in Ireland.

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
Excellent read. Thank you for posting it. This is a perfect reminder that these are the types of people that mine gold for the "aggrieved", or go into politics, while the rest of us actually do things, produce things, invent things, run things, treat things, save things....

So glad your law firm crushed them. Too bad it cost so much to do it. Also a good reminder why tort reform has been talked about for 4 decades while nothing has been done about it.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm not sure that "The Ruthless Debt-Collector Great Blantoni" will fit on that Lindsay, Texas, sign. We might have to use fine print.

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
To be fair the hot coffee incident was not frivolous, she only wanted compensated for the medical bill that FUSED HER LABIA. McDonalds had been known for making the coffee way too hot and had been warned to turn it down. The media blew it out of proportion.

On top of that all the legalese nonsense you see written everywhere today like, "the beverage you're about to enjoy is very hot." As a young lad that was perhaps my first ever learning of a frivolous lawsuit when some woman spilled hot McDonald's coffee on themselves and sued.

rf_patriot200

We're not going to be able to. We're out $20,000 plus dollars because of this knucklehead.

Florida grants him 21 days to dismiss the lawsuit, which he did. As long as he dismissed the lawsuit in the safe harbor timeframe the whole thing is over.

There were no laws of common sense here.

The only good thing here is that he didn't get a freaking dime of our money. So he'll have to go shake down another company to get the new Rolex he presumably wants so he can look like a baller.
Karma will find him, hopefully as a defendant.