Michigan 800 digital update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdclausen07

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I understand that Michigan is looking at upgrades for it's system. What I don't know is, is going to change the current system as far as freqs or what? I'm holding off on a new scanner till I know for sure what's up. Also does Uniden upgrade it's gear about every two to three years?
Thanks all

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Welcome to Radioreference mdclausen07.

Until the system is updated, there is no way to know what needs to be done with the radio, but I suspect it will be rebanded soon. If this is the case all you'll need to do is program the correct control channel for your tower and the radio will fill in the correct frequency table and start tracking the P25 system.

Uniden updates the radio firmware for bug fixes or additional features from time to time and also comes out with a new radio to compete with the market as needed. If you look for UPMan's, the Uniden Product Managers posts you likely get the latest information on the next firmware update or next new model coming out when the information is available. New models are usually announced about six months before release.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Here in ILL on the 700/800mgz Starcom 9600baud digital system they rebanded the whole 800mgz and just changing the freqys lower by 15mgz worked great as mentioned by DaveIN....

mdclausen07

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Very good news guys, thanks for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.