Michigan Bank Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrincon

Maybe this has been covered before, but I can clearly pick up sites from my house some as far as 30 miles come in clear as a bell. Lets post a list and see how others set up there banks in there scanner, convetional freq in one bank, state on another, open or closed, each site in a different bank, lets see post some of your setups.

bank description
0 conventional freq
1 crystal tower
2 amasa tower
3 iron river tower
4 rest of towers I pick up
5 convention police fire ems only
rest blank

bigbluemsp

I can pick up the following towers

Dexter
Richmond
Sandusky
Caro
The Clem
Holly
Romeo

I can hear the northern part of MSP 3rd District IE Tawas Post

Jeffn8wb

I have mine setup with one tower per bank. Since different talk groups show up on different towers, as I move around the city I am able to lock out the activity that does not pertain to the area that I am located.

seamusg

I set my BC796D:
1- Mt Clemens
2- Romeo
3- Richmond
4- Conventional P25
5- Northville
6- Warren
7- Livonia
8- Wayne
9- Oackland(old)
10- blank

plus a PRO2052 for non trunked or non P25

MacombMonitor

jcrincon said:
Do you then think it is a better idea to use a different scanner for convention non p25 systems? why?

I dedicate one scanner to APCO-25 systems. This way I can use an antenna optimized for that band. Its also not being tied up with other comms. causing me to miss something on MPSCS.

Another scanner is programmed for everything else VHF (150 MHz), and UHF (450 MHz), with a good dual band antenna.

Macomb County Area Sheriff/Police
Macomb County Area/Township Fire
Selfridge Air Base
Federal

seamusg

jcrincon said:
Do you then think it is a better idea to use a different scanner for convention non p25 systems? why?
All of the trunked systems I monitor are 800mhz, the only non 800mhz freqs are a couple of USBP freqs that are P25 conventional. The other scanner is all 150mhz and 450mhz conventional. Different antenna types. At least untill Macomb CO. goes on MPSCS.

jcrincon

I never thought of the antenna part of it, you bring up some good points. I will dig the old scanner out of the basement for the 150 freq, of my city police and ems, also I have been noticed that the state police in my are often switch to the drug channel and never encrypt it. When I get home I will post the new talk groups I have id'ed also.

Status
Not open for further replies.