Michigan Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMedic658

I'm looking at a Uniden bct8 trunk tracker III but need to know, will it pick up all the frequencies in macomb county?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Macomb Co is on the MPSCS statewide system. That is a digital system which the BCT8 cannot receive. The Macomb Co site is a 9 site simulcast system. The only scanners designed to reliably receive simulcast systems are the Uniden SDS100 (handheld) and SDS200 (desktop/mobile). Here is a link to look at the MPSCS system:
You would use the Macomb Co Simulcast site and scroll down to look at the Macomb Co talkgroups.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
A Unication G4/G5 would work as well..But for what its worth, My SDS100 works GREAT on the Ohio MARCS simulcast systems

Hit_Factor

While the Unication G4/G5 are very capable, they are not scanners. Even with the soon to be released firmware, they are very narrow in purpose/scope. Very careful consideration must go into the purchase of a Unication pager.

If all I want to listen to is MPSCS I gab my G5, but If I want to hear everything as I drive around the SDS100 is what I take with me.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Despite what has been posted, I have ver good reception using upgraded RS Pro 18 and GRE PSR 800 scanners. I am in Washtenaw County, which is also simulcast.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Despite what has been posted, I have ver good reception using upgraded RS Pro 18 and GRE PSR 800 scanners. I am in Washtenaw County, which is also simulcast.
That only means your specific location doesn't have issues. You can go a few blocks and go from 100% reception to nothing in a simulcast area, if you aren't using a receiver specifically designed for it.

marksmith

What is aid above is right. I happen to be located dead between 2 sites on one simulcast system, and receive both sites 5+, but I cannot receive a damned thing from that system. The two sites kill each other. I am a max range on another system and can only receive 1 site. It's a very hard to receive system and I get it fine just because of a quirk of my location. The above are on 5 different scanners including 996p2, 436, 536, 325, and PSR800.

However, I get great reception on all systems, including a bunch I can only receive with the sds portable and SDS base Uniden radios. There is literally no comparison with these radios on simulcast systems.

freqs

I'm looking at a Uniden bct8 trunk tracker III but need to know, will it pick up all the frequencies in macomb county?
I live in Warren I have several Scanners I use from my old Pro 2006 and other Analog Scanners .
I use a 436 for MPSCS now it works ok but far from perfect and depends on the location I have to find the sweet spot all the time for good receive .There are a few analog freqs still in operation within the county some fire and DPW
I as well will update to the SDS Radio soon as I can afford it .
I have heard the SDS Scanners to a lot better with the Simulcast Towers .I would like to test one out before I bite the bullet on a almost $700 Radio .

tvengr

Well Known Member
.I would like to test one out before I bite the bullet on a almost $700 Radio .
Presently the SDS100 and SDS200 are the only scanners that will reliably receive simulcast systems. Out of the BCD396XT, BCD996XT, BCD325P2, BCD996P2, BCD436HP, BCD546HP, and the WS1088, the SDS100 and SDS200 are the only scanners that will receive the Baltimore Co MD south site where I live. You will not be making a mistake with the SDS scanners to receive a simulcast system.

bline

I'm not aware of anything wrong with my PSR500 but it has a hard time with the MPSCS in Macomb County. It was time for an upgrade.

zuzman113

Feed Provider
I use a $25 SDR dongle to listen to the MPSC simulcast sites, A $60 dollar laptop and a couple dongles is the only expense. Working perfectly to feed Broadcastify

rivermersey

Premium Subscriber
Home Patrol II works very well in Macomb Co. as well. However, it sounds like a transistor radio. The speaker must be 1".

Status
Not open for further replies.