Michigan Military Activity

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Any radio that is capable of receiving the civilian (118-137 MHz) and military (225-380 MHz) air bands can monitor them. They're all in analog AM so no need for a digital or trunking scanner.

U.S. Coast Guard in Michigan is using some P25 digital in their helicopters. They have talk-groups on MPSCS.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I know but he was asking about the jet frequencies which this thread is dedicated to.

The thread is dedicated to Michigan Military Activity, the U.S. Coast Guard is considered military.

Below is his question in green and your answer in orange. No mention of jets in particular.

lundellandrewj said:

If you don't mind, what type of equipment are you monitoring these frequencies on? Digital Trunking Scanner? Analog Scanner? Some type of HAM radio or SDR? Would love to listen to some MilAir channels. Thanks

Any radio that is capable of receiving the civilian (118-137 MHz) and military (225-380 MHz) air bands can monitor them. They're all in analog AM so no need for a digital or trunking scanner.

GeneseeCoMI

The thread is dedicated to Michigan Military Activity, the U.S. Coast Guard is considered military.

Below is his question in green and your answer in orange. No mention of jets in particular.

lundellandrewj said:

If you don't mind, what type of equipment are you monitoring these frequencies on? Digital Trunking Scanner? Analog Scanner? Some type of HAM radio or SDR? Would love to listen to some MilAir channels. Thanks

The frequencies in almost every post are military jets. Nobody said anything about USCG. Yes I know they're military.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Im not too sure actually if those talkgroups in message 1183 are used anymore? Has anyone heard them lately? Last few years Coast guard station Saginaw river in Essexville that used to have a talkgroup on the database, but have been on their Rescue 21 frequencies for at least a few years.
These are P25 with a NAC 293 tone.
I read elsewhere on the forums that the Coast Guard uses these nationwide. United States Coast Guard - The RadioReference Wiki

You'll find station Saginaw River is on AG 102 with the boats encrypted, Station Tawas on AG 101 encryption is in similar usage.
412.925 I have heard being used for HELO ops but are often encrypted.

Far as Coast guard jets I have heard them a few times before. They contact station Saginaw river and ask them to take their radio guard which is usually 157.050 or 157.150

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Im not too sure actually if those talkgroups in message 1183 are used anymore? Has anyone heard them lately?

Not sure if the TG's in RR's database are the ones I heard as I wasn't paying attention to the TG's but most definately the U.S. Coast Guard was on MPSCS P25 digital at Selfridge ANGB and also communiting with DPD and I believe Macomb County Sheriff on several occasions. I'll make note of the details in the future. I heard a few rescues of people stranded on the ice during the winter months.

Last edited:

gbouwkamp

Premium Subscriber
I do hear the USCG helicopters on 22008 occasionally.

Im not too sure actually if those talkgroups in message 1183 are used anymore? Has anyone heard them lately? Last few years Coast guard station Saginaw river in Essexville that used to have a talkgroup on the database, but have been on their Rescue 21 frequencies for at least a few years.
These are P25 with a NAC 293 tone.
I read elsewhere on the forums that the Coast Guard uses these nationwide. United States Coast Guard - The RadioReference Wiki

You'll find station Saginaw River is on AG 102 with the boats encrypted, Station Tawas on AG 101 encryption is in similar usage.
412.925 I have heard being used for HELO ops but are often encrypted.

Far as Coast guard jets I have heard them a few times before. They contact station Saginaw river and ask them to take their radio guard which is usually 157.050 or 157.150

nodak1crdet3

GAF472 A-400
134.775 Cleve.C. 05:29pm. East bound passing Coldwater MI, j just got direct Bangor, 05:33pm.

Chuck in Detroit / NODAK 1Capture+_2020-05-18-17-43-47.png

Last edited:

nodak1crdet3

AF-1 cleared to land ILS 3 Right 01:55pm. N312ST State Trooper chopper will be HUNTSMAN.
T.G. 1023 Motorcade. Red VW broke down along route, was checked out by Bomb Squad / EOD, & is clear. Pedestrians on a bridge, they need to be moved, 02:26pm. Pilot entering 94, 02:28pm.
Capture+_2020-05-21-13-56-22.png

Last edited: