Michigan-MPSCS Database many pending submissions

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
I recently submitted talkgroup info for MPSCS and I noticed that after submitting it mentioned pending submissions. Are they submissions for that specific system, or RR database as a whole? it was around 130-160 pending submissions, as I recall.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I recently submitted talkgroup info for MPSCS and I noticed that after submitting it mentioned pending submissions. Are they submissions for that specific system, or RR database as a whole? it was around 130-160 pending submissions, as I recall.
The number quoted at the bottom of the submission page is for all systems. Seeing 130-160 pending is pretty typical when I submit data.

Keep in mind that there are many volunteer database admins, many of which are assigned specific regions in addition to the national/global database admins. Depending on submissions in their region and when they check for submissions, you could see your submission worked in hours or a few days, so take the pending submissions queue with a grain of salt.

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
How could I possibly get involved with database administration? If they are looking for help, I'd be more than happy to chip in!

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
How could I possibly get involved with database administration? If they are looking for help, I'd be more than happy to chip in!
See section 3.5 of the Database Administrator's Handbook for specifics, but I have found that here in the United States they have pretty good coverage (here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for example, there's two or three regional administrators) and I've never ran into any lengthy delays getting changes made (and I'm closing in on 300 submissions).