Michigan Project 25 Phase II ?

BananaPepper

I have been using the database for several years now, but I have a question regarding Michigan being listed as a Project 25 Phase II in the header for MPSCS. As I have seen our state transition to the MPSCS, I believed 82 of our counties would be utilizing P1, the Oakland Co simulcast will be the first phase 2 system on MPSCS in late 2022. I have attached the examples of the information in the database that is confusing me. Is there indication in the database to let me know which counties are utilizing P2? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• RR header.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 12

west-pac

Generally in the Mode colum of the Talkgroup list, D = Phase 1, T = Phase 2.

west-pac

If you ask in the Michigan forum, under the MPSCS thread, you likely get some answers.

west-pac

Can I post in one question in two forums? I thought that was a no-no.
You're correct, but this post, here, is in the wrong spot. The MPSCS thread in the Michigan forum is the correct place. You could ask an admin to close this thread, or move it to the Michigan forum, but the Michigan forum already has an MPSCS thread, where anything pertaining to MPSCS is asked, so that's really where your question needs to be.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Oakland County will be the first to use Phase 2 talkgroups, but all of the system towers are currently carrying TDMA bandplans.
As of now though, only Phase 1 talkgroups are being used.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
"Oakland County" when transitioned over to MPSCS it will be 100% encrypted I've been told. No immediate plans to change any other ares to P2.