Michigan Skywarn Repeater Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

bReed11091

I've looked for callsigns for these repeaters in several different places, but I cannot seem to find it. I'm using a 2006-2007 repeater book, and I know at least a few of these would be in a newer one. If anybody can give me the callsign and any other information regarding their ARES, RACES, and Skywarn use, that would be great.

These are listed by the county they serve, frequency, offset, and any known tone (may or may not be correct):
Kalamazoo 444.050 + 131.8
St. Clair 147.320 + 131.8

Thanks for you help! It's for my Michigan ARES, RACES, and Skywarn frequency information project. PM me for more details on that.

Hoofy

A lot of the info can be gotten from the database here on RR. Just go to Michigan and click on individual counties. The info you're looking for is usually listed first.

Hoofy

bReed,
Don't worry about the call signs of the repeaters. These may change depending on who is sponsering or owns the repeater. The frequencies are the main concern.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
I've looked for callsigns for these repeaters in several different places, but I cannot seem to find it. I'm using a 2006-2007 repeater book, and I know at least a few of these would be in a newer one. If anybody can give me the callsign and any other information regarding their ARES, RACES, and Skywarn use, that would be great.

These are listed by the county they serve, frequency, offset, and any known tone (may or may not be correct):

Thanks for you help! It's for my Michigan ARES, RACES, and Skywarn frequency information project. PM me for more details on that.

One thing to remember. If the repeater is not a "coordinated" repeater then they will never be listed in the Repaeater Books. Only coordinated repeaters show up there. There are many a repeaters that are in full use but do not show up in the book. The best way to get the callsign of the repeater is to monitor it. Listen for the call sign in morse code and or a voice identification. Last, put your call sign out there and ask where the repeater is located and the name of the repeater.

BTW...before posting this, I done a search on both of your frequencies that you listed and could not find anything on them.

Hope that helps

bReed11091

You're suggesting things I've already tried. I wouldn't have posted it here if I could have found it elsewhere.

The callsign is important to me because when I program my radios, I use the callsign as the name/alpha tag. It helps me identify a repeater with a location, since it is common to have repeaters scattered across the state with the same frequency, sometimes even the same tone if they are far enough away. I'm working on a project that gathers repeater information as it changes, so I should know fairly soon after a change occurs.

These repeaters should also be coordinated, since they are used for ARES, RACES, and Skywarn purposes. If they're not, it wouldn't matter anyways because information for them is usually posted on the web.

I have sent an email to St. Clair's Skywarn Coordinator, and I should hear back sometime soon.

I'm also within range of most, if not all, Kalamazoo repeaters, so I'll be able to get information regarding the 440 one I mentioned from people I talk to on those.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
These repeaters should also be coordinated, since they are used for ARES, RACES, and Skywarn purposes. If they're not, it wouldn't matter anyways because information for them is usually posted on the web.

That is not true at all. However, most are coordinated. The repeater that we use here is on 145.150 and it is not coordinated, yet we do ARES/RACES and Skywarn on it. We do have a back up frequency of 146.920-the I94 Repeater, which is coordinated.

I will continue to try and help you find the callsigns of those two repeaters. Contacting Coordination will probably not benefit you in any way as they only deal with the requests of coordination and frequency pairs.

mikey60

You're suggesting things I've already tried. I wouldn't have posted it here if I could have found it elsewhere.

The callsign is important to me because when I program my radios, I use the callsign as the name/alpha tag. It helps me identify a repeater with a location, since it is common to have repeaters scattered across the state with the same frequency, sometimes even the same tone if they are far enough away. I'm working on a project that gathers repeater information as it changes, so I should know fairly soon after a change occurs.

I have sent an email to St. Clair's Skywarn Coordinator, and I should hear back sometime soon.

I'm also within range of most, if not all, Kalamazoo repeaters, so I'll be able to get information regarding the 440 one I mentioned from people I talk to on those.

FWIW, Oakland County:

146.900/100, W8OAK

Mike

w8fsm

Feed Provider
Genesee County is going to be 147.2600+ 100.0Hertz PL KC8KGZ
There is no offical skywarn in shiawasee county.

I have tried to send up dates for the skywarn info for micon but it never gets added or removed right from the RR pages so I figued they must know more info then little ol me.

Fred Moses - W8FSM
ADEC Repeater Operations MICON DTX

w8fsm

Feed Provider
nope... they just don't have anything active.. i have a list in one of our books.. but like other things it needs updating..

bReed11091

Just received a reply back from St. Clair County's skywarn coordinator. K8DD is the call of the 147.300 repeater, and it has no tone associated with it. Still haven't been able to find any information on the Kalamazoo repeater. Does that one even exist? There are several 440 repeaters that I've tried to get in Kalamazoo at 50 watts and haven't heard anything back.

n8jsn

I believe Kzoo uses 147.000 for skywarn.

Also, Kent Counties Freq on that list is wrong. We use 145.11

Maybe the state coordinator should put together a list on the MI ARPSC web site so all the info is in one place and hopefully correct

VE3JSO

i just tried the 147.320 + but the tone in 131.8 did not work when i tried the tone 100.0 it works can any one else confirm this

Status
Not open for further replies.