Michigan state police

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemill12

Ive been trying to get Michigan state police on im a newbe with a scanner. I have the control and alternate control channels programed into there own seperate bank have tried normal and splinter but still finds nothing. using a pro 97. any ideas?

thanks
mike

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Your scanner will not work for the Michigan system, you'll need a digital scanner.

seamusg

mikemill12 said:
does that mean that i cannot get any mot 2 type trunking system in my scanner?
No it just means that if you want to receive a digital system you need a digital scanner. The PRO97 will receive alalog mot 2 systems, but the MPSCS system is all digital, with a 9600 baud control channel. Mot 2 analog or mixed mode systems are 3600 baud control channel.
Radio Shack digital scanners are the PRO96 and PRO2096.

mikemill12

I was looking at picking up a desktop scanner to listen to the state police. B-BC796D would this one do the trick also do i need the card to listen to it.

seamusg

mikemill12 said:
I was looking at picking up a desktop scanner to listen to the state police. B-BC796D would this one do the trick also do i need the card to listen to it.
The BC796D should have the card in it. The BC796D is what I'm using.

bigbluemsp

mikemill12 said:

I think that Uniden discontinued that scanenr.

MacombMonitor

mikemill12 said:

Call Gary Watts @ 888-772-0911 (Public Safety Communications, in Warren, MI). I think he has brand new Uniden BC796D's in stock. All 796's come with the APCO-25 Digital card as standard.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.