Michigan State University System

Status
Not open for further replies.

i5adam8

If you are referring to MSU campus Police,they are on EDACS along with the rest of Ingham county.Any transmission that is made in digital mode on this system is not able to be monitored by any scanners currently on the market that I know of.This is a topic that has been brought up many times before.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
i5adam - that's not what he's talking about.

pjc - What talkgroups are you hearing digital on? I don't listen to that much these days, but when I did it was all analog and I'd be shocked if they added encryption for their maintenance crew.

pjc2k5

It's looking like most if not all of the digital is on talkgroup 36144. This talkgroup isn't documented on the RadioReference page for MSU. It would be nice to know what this talkgroup is for considering it accounts for a significant amount of the traffic on the system.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You're sure it's P25 digital? I'd lay better odds on it being digital telemetry data as opposed to voice.

pjc2k5

It could be telemetry. It's not continuous, which is why I thought it might be voice, but of course not all non-voice data is uninterrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.