Michigan's MPSCS data indicating numerous sites encrypted where apparent they are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I downloaded data for MPSCS then imported into Excel that did a sort to show what was encrypted and what wasn't. A friend of mine looked it over comparing it to his data and he said there were numerous TG's shown that he actually monitors as encrypted that he knows for fact are not. Are these verified to be encrypted? I realize many sites do transmit in the clear at times and are not encrypted full time, but he claims that is not the case here.

Thanks!

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
Don't know if you know this:
D = Digital
De = Digital not always encrypted
DE = Digital full-time encryption

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Encrypted "sites"? I think you mean talkgroups. Sites carry both clear and secure traffic, which is determined at the talkgroup level (or subscriber level if encryption is user selectable).

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Everything encrypted or not has been verified at one time, since then things change all the time, that's why we need people to submit anything current since then that is wrong so we can update the database. It is predominantly populated by users like yourself, your friend and everyone. We will gladly update the database if its been verified it is encrypted, occasional encryption or not.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Everything encrypted or not has been verified at one time, since then things change all the time, that's why we need people to submit anything current since then that is wrong so we can update the database. It is predominantly populated by users like yourself, your friend and everyone. We will gladly update the database if its been verified it is encrypted, occasional encryption or not.

I'll touch base with him and try to obtain more info. You might know him: fnnm400 (Gary).

Status
Not open for further replies.