Micro SD Chip: Ackward Design - 436

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

One advantage of the Uniden design is the ability to clean the contacts. This will be a huge issue in a decade or two.

troymail

Silent Key
...and a disadvantage - which will likely happen much sooner than a decade or two away, will be the repair required when that little door breaks off. Given the slow transfer of data/recordings across the cable and all of the SD card corruption problems, people will be having to pull the SD card more and more often over time.

packet12

Premium Subscriber
Shoot, I'm 74 with arthritis and the shakes (lol) + bad eyesight. I don't think I should try that even once (I know, I don't own one of them). Bummer.
I'm in the same boat as you! Unfortunately I own one (BCD436HP)! Purchased from Bearcat Warehouse w/extended 1 yr. warranty. The little slide holder for the SD card has come out of the scanner. Who should I send it too to get the holder reattached, Bearcat Warehouse or Uniden?
I'm tempted to use the scotch tape fix I've seen mentioned else ware. Tape the card into the scanner? I'm still covered by the original one yr. warranty. I purchased the scanner in Nov. of 2014. Any body else have success with this "tape" approach?

Thanks for any help.

troymail

Silent Key
I'm in the same boat as you! Unfortunately I own one (BCD436HP)! Purchased from Bearcat Warehouse w/extended 1 yr. warranty. The little slide holder for the SD card has come out of the scanner. Who should I send it too to get the holder reattached, Bearcat Warehouse or Uniden?
I'm tempted to use the scotch tape fix I've seen mentioned else ware. Tape the card into the scanner? I'm still covered by the original one yr. warranty. I purchased the scanner in Nov. of 2014. Any body else have success with this "tape" approach?

Thanks for any help.

Tape! No way!

Under warranty, I'd get it back to Uniden ASAP. Not sure how BC Warehouse warranty works.

Status
Not open for further replies.