Microsoft Lawful Spying

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Think about it from their point of view. They have just been ordered to provide all this information and somebody there has to do all the research. So, they have to dedicate an employee to spend the time going through the archives looking for an old account that was closed several years ago. They have to pull all the records, copy them, insure they make the best effort to provide all the data...etc....

I shudder at the thought of how much has been spent on this type of research. Especially since 9/11. :roll:

mancow

Database Admin
Think about it from their point of view. They have just been ordered to provide all this information and somebody there has to do all the research. So, they have to dedicate an employee to spend the time going through the archives looking for an old account that was closed several years ago. They have to pull all the records, copy them, insure they make the best effort to provide all the data...etc.... It's a big hassle for everyone involved.

I shudder at the thought of how much has been spent on this type of research. Especially since 9/11. :roll:

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I didn't give the post that title. My post #5 explains...

"I didn't pick the title, go complain to Crpytome."

That's what they titled that web page. YOU plugged the same thing into the post, when you posted it, thus propagating a misconception. But my intention isn't to be so pedantic... In response to the headline "Microsoft Legal Spying", I'm just trying to say "but Microsoft ISN'T spying".

The post deals with mature and sensitive subject matter. Maybe too much so for some members of RR, I don't know. If the moderators feel the need to close it, or delete it, so be it.

Naw, there's nothing to delete. Consider this a friendly debate, ok? I haven't attacked your ancestral heritage, and you've kindly ignored the fact that my mother really DOES wear army boots. :p

N

N_Jay

The title of each and every link says "Lawful", not illegal, or secret. No conspiracy here! No wrong doing implied. Perhaps it is your own paranoia taking over?

The title of each link also says "SPYING"

Quick definition: spying

▸ noun: the act of keeping a secret watch for intelligence purposes
▸ noun: keeping a secret or furtive watch
▸ noun: the act of detecting something; catching sight of something

Perhaps is our own knowledge of the English language?

SCPD

QRT
More crap I would not waste brain cells on.

I never thought that I'd say this, but I agree with you. I browsed those docs, and most of them detail what is required of Law Enforcement and associated costs in obtaining information from said companies.

Why everyone is getting so bent out of shape is beyond me. Telcos have been doing this for years as have Law Enforcement. Hello? Anyone ever heard of a wire tap?

Fan the flames! Spread the fear! Everyone PANIC!

SCPD

QRT
This is not non-information, mis-information or dis-information. These are actual documents from the corporations participating. The way you look at it is only your opinion. It doesn't mean it isn't so.

And just how do you know these are actual documents from the companies themselves? Because they are on corporate letterhead? We need to remember one very important thing about cryptome, and that it is in business to make a buck. I remember a journalist who obtained documents pertaining to a certain former presidents National Guard service and he ran with the story. Turns out the documents he placed so much value in, turned out being false.

Show me real tangible proof that these documents are real. I'm agnostic because I have doubts that a higher power exists, again, show me some tangible proof. Nobody can prove that to me, and that's how these documents are going to go down in my mind, bogus.

All these docs are doing is giving the website in question a bounty of hits and spreading the word of their site. Law Enforcement and telcos have been working together for years on wire taps. Why should Yahoo, or Microsoft be any different? Someone hit the panic button and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

To quote your very own words: "The way you look at it is only your opinion. It doesn't mean it isn't so." I bet those words don't taste very well going back down, do they?

SCPD

QRT
I didn't give the post that title. My post #5 explains...

"I didn't pick the title, go complain to Crpytome."

The post deals with mature and sensitive subject matter. Maybe too much so for some members of RR, I don't know. If the moderators feel the need to close it, or delete it, so be it.

You posted it verbatim, it's your topic now since you posted it on RR.

You've mentioned 9/11 numerous times and how things have changed since then. Of course they have, and I am grateful that some scrutiny is being given in terms of 9/11. Yes it's a pain in the butt, but since then anti-government groups have gone rabid saying we are losing rights, etc, etc... The day that I travel coast to coast and have to stop at each states border and show papers, is the day I will agree that we've lost rights.

There is an awful lot of data in MS Word that does not appear to the naked eye, it's called meta data. If the Feds want to know more about this so they can use it to their advantage, more power to them. Terrorism is a very real threat to our country, remember 9/11? You seem too, but yet, you seem to be against this training by Microsoft.

Everyone complains about illegal aliens, and what is the first thought in our mind when we hear the words "illegal aliens?" Mexicans. Yes, thats right, the Mexicans get all the blame for being illegal aliens. There's is another group of illegal aliens that I worry about more than Mexicans. That's middle easterners where Al Queda comes from. No, I'm not saying every arab is a terrorist, just as not every mexican is an illegal alien.

There's a word, well acronym really, for the stuff on Cryptome, it's called FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt). In short, it's an effort to cause PANIC! It's like yelling fire in a theater, except in this case nobody is going to get charged with a crime because it is on the intratubes.

N

N_Jay

Yet you continue to do so. You're not following your own advice.

Nope. You have misinterpreted what I said. (Probably because you have too much propaganda and nonsense filling that part of your brain that should be thinking. ;) )

The list of mostly misnamed articles you posted, along with the misnamed article that started the thread are the crap I would not waste brain cells on.

Bringing to light the fact that those articles are crap is not.

Have a great day, and try to learn a few facts to replace bad misinformation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.