Microsoft Lawful Spying

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N_Jay

If that's how you want to look at it, yes. Six of one, half dozen of the other, in my book.

Well, Okie Dokie.

I would guess those same agents have been trained with lots of resources.

Are all those companies spying also?:confused:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Well, Okie Dokie.

Assisting them in their efforts, absolutely! Besides, I didn't pick the title, go complain to Crpytome.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Well, Okie Dokie.

Seeing as you asked...

att-spy-doc-01.pdf ATT Lawful Spying Document 1 December 6, 2009
att-spy-doc-02.zip ATT Lawful Spying Document 2 December 6, 2009 (2.9MB)
verizon-spy.pdf Verizon Lawful Spying Guide December 6, 2009
sprint-spy2.pdf Sprint CALEA Spying Delivery System December 6, 2009
sprint-spy.zip Sprint Lawful Spying Guide December 5, 2009 (600KB)
voicestream-spy.zip Voicestream Lawful Spying Guide
yahoo-spy.pdf Yahoo Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
cox-spy.pdf Cox Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
sbc-ameritech-spy.pdf SBC-Ameritech Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
sbc-lea-spy.pdf SBC Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
ameritech-spy.pdf Ameritech Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
cingular-spy.pdf Cingular Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
cricket-spy.pdf Cricket Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
nextel-spy.pdf Nextel Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
pactel-spy.pdf Pacific Telesis Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
gte-spy.pdf GTE Lawful Spying Guide

N

N_Jay

Assisting them in their efforts, absolutely! Besides, I didn't pick the title, go complain to Crpytome.

Of course they did.

They want to provide that impression.

I do my best to put facts in my head, not the falsehoods presented by some.

The way I look at it, for every piece of non-information, mis-information, and dis-information you let yourself believe, there is one fact pushed out of the way.;)

N

N_Jay

Seeing as you asked...

att-spy-doc-01.pdf ATT Lawful Spying Document 1 December 6, 2009
att-spy-doc-02.zip ATT Lawful Spying Document 2 December 6, 2009 (2.9MB)
verizon-spy.pdf Verizon Lawful Spying Guide December 6, 2009
sprint-spy2.pdf Sprint CALEA Spying Delivery System December 6, 2009
sprint-spy.zip Sprint Lawful Spying Guide December 5, 2009 (600KB)
voicestream-spy.zip Voicestream Lawful Spying Guide
yahoo-spy.pdf Yahoo Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
cox-spy.pdf Cox Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
sbc-ameritech-spy.pdf SBC-Ameritech Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
sbc-lea-spy.pdf SBC Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
ameritech-spy.pdf Ameritech Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
cingular-spy.pdf Cingular Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
cricket-spy.pdf Cricket Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
nextel-spy.pdf Nextel Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
pactel-spy.pdf Pacific Telesis Lawful Spying Guide December 2, 2009
gte-spy.pdf GTE Lawful Spying Guide

More crap I would not waste brain cells on.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The way I look at it, for every piece of non-information, mis-information, and dis-information you let yourself believe, there is one fact pushed out of the way.;)

This is not non-information, mis-information or dis-information. These are actual documents from the corporations participating. The way you look at it is only your opinion. It doesn't mean it isn't so.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
This is not non-information, mis-information or dis-information. These are actual documents from the corporations participating. The way you look at it is only your opinion. It doesn't mean it isn't so.

What I'm curious is, what's the point of posting this? Is this news to you? It isn't to me. Microsoft provides all sorts of training to all sorts of government agencies... ours, and other countries. All sorts of corporations and private companies supply tools, materials, and information to government for every conceivable purpose - including intelligence gathering.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What I'm curious is, what's the point of posting this? Is this news to you? It isn't to me. Microsoft provides all sorts of training to all sorts of government agencies... ours, and other countries. All sorts of corporations and private companies supply tools, materials, and information to government for every conceivable purpose - including intelligence gathering.

What's the point of any post? It's passing on information to keep people informed. With all the privacy issues going on since 9/11, our world is changing daily. I like to keep up with the technology, and methods being applied in the name of National Security, and their effects on the American people. I would think others would be interested as well.

I'm not sure why there seems to be so much opposition regarding this post. Why are people having a problem with it. Certainly not every post on RR is news to everyone, but it's always news to someone. Besides, this isn't a "Breaking News" forum, so why do you think I implied it as such?

So maybe I should be asking you, what is the point of your response?

zz0468

QRT
Banned
So maybe I should be asking you, what is the point of your response?

That's an easy one... The website you linked to strikes me as pandering to the conspiracy and black helicopter crowd. But not everything is a conspiracy, sometimes it's simply fees paid for services rendered.

So, my post is intended to make the statement that we could be a little less paranoid, and a little more cognizant of the fact that most of what government does, is provided to them, at a cost, by private enterprise.

And maybe the real objection is the implication that Microsoft is doing the spying. And while I have no doubt that they do plenty of corporate spying, I don't think they do it in cooperation with the DEA.

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
I'm just confused as to why anyone would be shocked by it all. It's just copies of subpoenas served on telecom companies. It happens all the time. We often fire one or two off when investigating financial fraud or identity theft cases. Most every telecom has a subpoena information line that has a long pre recorded message telling you what information to include, what format to list it and where to direct it when requesting records as directed by court order. It has been going on since the days of the telegraph.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
That's an easy one... The website you linked to strikes me as pandering to the conspiracy and black helicopter crowd. But not everything is a conspiracy, sometimes it's simply fees paid for services rendered.

So, my post is intended to make the statement that we could be a little less paranoid, and a little more cognizant of the fact that most of what government does, is provided to them, at a cost, by private enterprise.

The title of each and every link says "Lawful", not illegal, or secret. No conspiracy here! No wrong doing implied. Perhaps it is your own paranoia taking over?

mancow

Database Admin
It can be a BIG cost at times too. I recall one set of a banking records spanning a year that came to around $450. That was after the bank taking pity and doing some research to help thin out what wasn't needed.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It can be a BIG cost at times too. I recall one set of a banking records spanning a year that came to around $450. That was after the bank taking pity and doing some research to help thin out what wasn't needed.

I shudder at the thought of how much has been spent on this type of research. Especially since 9/11. :roll:

zz0468

QRT
Banned
The title of each and every link says "Lawful", not illegal, or secret. No conspiracy here! No wrong doing implied. Perhaps it is your own paranoia taking over?

No paranoia here. The title you gave this post is "Microsoft Lawful Spying". But Microsoft ISN'T spying, per the document you link to. It's merely providing internet investigative training to the DEA.

So, your post comes off as a bit paranoid. Please excuse me if I'm mistaken, but that's what way it comes off to me, and at least one other poster to this thread.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The title you gave this post is "Microsoft Lawful Spying". But Microsoft ISN'T spying, per the document you link to. It's merely providing internet investigative training to the DEA.

I didn't give the post that title. My post #5 explains...

"I didn't pick the title, go complain to Crpytome."

The post deals with mature and sensitive subject matter. Maybe too much so for some members of RR, I don't know. If the moderators feel the need to close it, or delete it, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.