• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Microsoft releases final IE7 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFox

Looks like they copied Mozilla's FireFox...Tabbed browsing, RSS feeds, integrated search engines. And to top it off, you can't install it on anything other than XP. Looks like another MS winner...lol

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hey folks, I tried Beta 7 the other day and that SOB took control of my computer. Couldn't even get a URL in my email to work. Even Firefox was nearly useless. Got rid of beta 7 quick.

I_10_92

I'm steering clear of MS explorer.. Firefox does me well. Explorer seems to screw things up..

cristisphoto

IE 6 is better ....

LOL all
Yeah it's only for XP
and I am happy wit hIE 6
Firefox I use as backup when I cant save web pages properly with the IE 6

I avioded XP ever since I used it only to find out the security is all BS
Hype..
Win 2000 Pro Is my all time Favorite:cool:
And you can install and Reinstall it without being online JUSt to verify that YOU BOUGHT it:roll:

Crista
PS
I do like Bil GAtes
And Windows in General
MAc sucks !!!!
LIN and WIn ruuules LOLOLO

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
IE7 is a wonderful improvement over IE6, and I use it instead of Firefox full time now (after being with FF for quite a while.)

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Wow Rob...I don't know what's come over me.....BUT......I agree with you :) I kinda like IE 7 and have not had one single problem with it and like you use it more than FF now.

funcritter

I'll probably try it out in a day or two. I can't use Firefox on any of my laptops because it sucks all the memory out of them and I eventually just have to hit the power button to restart it. I hear I'm not the only one, it's been going on for at least a year now.

jparks29

lol, a final beta?

is that like a full release alpha?

oh wait..forgot... all MS software is beta..

Jeffn8wb

I downloaded the software yesterday and am impressed with the improvements over IE6. It looks like they did copy Firefox (I have both) but they have my attention with IE7. I was a die hard FF user, but with the improvements they have made with this version I may be tempted to switch to using this as my primary browser.

STiMULi

I LUV FIREFOX

really.

I ran into an issue the other day with an extension and the only way to fix it was to uninstall and reinstall Firefox. I was so hoping that all my bookmarks and exensions stayed...

and they did! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.