Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank67

Sounds like that flight of 4 is heading back. They called JFK-HI on 282.3 and hear them talking A/A on 314.4. Now on 290.35 ZBW20 CT > sounds like they switched to 135.325

Once again, coming right over me. Now if they can do this again on a sunny day that would be nice :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

AirScan

Notams and news for Ottawa CAP. Maybe CF-18 Hornets will work the CAP?

My guess is the RCAF CF-18s will work it, but I'm wondering if there will be any US fighters as well ? Press release says POTUS will be returning from CYOW direct to Wilmington on Friday so I presume he will use a C-32A ?

SkyVector CAP boundary FL180-FL230 as per the NOTAM

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Wall Street Journal reports this morning:

The U.S. will send aging A-10 attack planes to swap for more advanced combat aircraft in the Middle East as part of a Pentagon effort to shift more modern fighters to the Pacific and Europe to deter China and Russia, U.S. officials said.
---
Under the new plan, a squadron of A-10s will be based in the region along with two squadrons of F-15Es and F-16s. Squadrons deployed to the region usually number about 12 planes.
Same news in USAF page with a few more details.. Curious whose A-10's get the assignment next Month..
Maybe the 354th FS Bulldogs from Davis Monthan.. They are real used to Desert terrain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.