Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank3si

11:00 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Delaware Air National Guard Base en route to Hennepin County, Minnesota

If you or anyone else gets any scuttlebutt around when the motorcade starts rolling from Barley Mill to KILG I'd welcome the heads up, just so I'm on my toes and have the camera/lens ready for the Air Force One departure.

frank3si

I found a fabulous spot for Biden's departure from KILG on runway 9/27 - which all the other aircraft taking off this morning were using - and instead the C-32 used 1/19 headed south, a path very rarely used. Saw the plane through trees but that was about it. Headed home with my tail between my legs, got out of the car and here come the two MV-22s as a consolation prize, so there's that :( If anybody's wanting to do a MV-22 undercarriage study, I can hook you up ;) 3999 Edit 1500.jpg

paradiver

Mark

Premium Subscriber
FIST72 KC-135 57-1428 and FIST61 KC-46 19-46064 appear to be repositioning to Seymour Johnson.

FIST72 flew directly over the house, sure do miss those 135's coming over daily.
All the FIST tankers dragged someone West today and other unit FIST Tankers also staging at Travis.
FIST-62,72,72 show destination KSKA Fairchild which is KC-135 support base, like dropping chicks somewhere out West.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Aircraft issues causes FLOTUS to return to Colorado, Michigan trip postponed until a later date.

View attachment 139471
I think many in this Admin should ease up on the travel junkets long enough for USAF
to get their planes back up to speed. Yesterday BOXER-43 B737 DC113Wg #02-0202 into Japan from Guam.
Normally this tail does the DC-Europe circuit.
Do some Zoom calls and stay in town and get some work done :)

KO4RJX

All the FIST tankers dragged someone West today and other unit FIST Tankers also staging at Travis.
FIST-62,72,72 show destination KSKA Fairchild which is KC-135 support base, like dropping chicks somewhere out West.

I was outside when they left Seymour. Although the were north and a little in the clouds we heard “jets” around the same time. Not sure if it was SJ F15’s going west with the Fist tankers or just normal Echo MOA traffic. Couldn’t put eyes to confirm though.

Status
Not open for further replies.