Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
As for that ANG readiness exercise announced for Martinsburg yesterday...Not much action. A KMRB C-17 flew to Martin State, maybe on unrelated business. And a Kiowa helo from Parkersburg did some milling around near Winchester and then flew home. I'm monitoring the tower and have ADS-B up on a monitor here in the office, but there ain't anything interesting going on. We were thinking of going up to the airport tomorrow to see the action, if there is action. But the exercise does continue over the weekend.

Well, no sooner did I post that than COLT-01 and -02 showed up on the ILS to 26. Not showing on the ADS-B. Military Call Sign List suggests these are A-10s from Martin State. Tower reports visibility two miles.

And WORLDWIDE-50 departed KMRB at 1244L. Dunno who that is and it does not show up on ADS-B.

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
Decoy 11 and 92, both ANG C-17s, just departed KMRB on separate IFR clearances, which I missed. Driving.

frank3si

Mark

Premium Subscriber
XTENDR-15 cut Birds loose over Northern Ohio and now headed back home I assume.

Brand new Coast Guard HC-130J #2017 (AE5DF0) callsign C2017 Eastbound from (Lockheed) Dobbins..Was LAC#5968 a short time ago.
Assume will be going to E City to get outfitted for duty.That will take long while..
(Three additional C-130Js are under construction, with delivery in 2020 and 2023. Upon delivery to the Coast Guard, missionization of these aircraft will take an additional year) US Coast Guard expands fleet of HC-130J aircraft - Naval News

Couple P-8A's coming up the Coast from Jacksonville..

Last edited:

JetWash

A NOTAM from this morning might be interesting to our northern neighbors near Philadelphia:

SLATT SIX ARRIVAL (LVZ.SLATT6) ... CORRECT COMMUNICATIONS DATA: CHANGE PHILADELPHIA APP CON TO 128.4 273.575 INSTEAD OF 124.35 319.15. It's effective immediately and permanently.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS Friday travel...

6:10 PM THE PRESIDENT departs the White House en route to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware South Lawn

7:05 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
DAILY GUIDANCE FOR THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR
FRIDAY, AUGUST 11, 2023

At 10:20 am ET, the Vice President will depart from Washington, DC en route to Chicago, IL.

At 11:20 am CT, the Vice President will arrive at Chicago Midway International Airport.

At 3:00 pm CT, the Vice President will depart from Chicago, IL en route to Washington, DC.

At 5:35 pm ET, the Vice President will arrive at Joint Base Adrews.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Nope, the scenic AC X-way ;)
Stay Awake! LOL I think the only roadway I ever been on that has "stay awake" message signs.
It is though the fastest way to A/C :)
Would make a great Autobahn type road so straight and mostly smooth but a deer running out in front of you at
150 miles per hour would be bad.

Last edited:

frank3si

Stay Awake! LOL I think the only roadway I ever been on that has "stay awake" message signs.
It is though the fastest way to A/C :)
Would make a great Autobahn type road so straight and mostly smooth but a deer running out in front of you at
150 miles per hour would be bad.

Reminds me of the great NASCAR driver Buddy Baker. I wrote a book about the "wing cars" designed to race for Chrysler by missile aerodynamicists brought up to MI from Huntsville. Chrysler had a five-mile test track out in the sticks near Detroit and Buddy was one of the drivers refining the Charger Daytona. He told me he came off turn two at over 200mph and there stood a deer in the middle of the track. A collision was avoided, but as Buddy laughed, "I don't know whose eyes were open wider, mine or that deer!" :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.