Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Where are they keeping the F-35s? I'll be heading up to Norfolk hopefully sometime soon to check out the POW. Last time I saw a British ship in Hampton Roads was the HMS Queen Elizabeth - unmistakable with the ski ramp.
Article says they will be porting at Norfolk from time to time during the several months they are in town
but shows no exact dates..I think some US Marine Corp F-35B's will also be doing some carrier work with them.

Last edited:

rar4008

Couple of unidentified jets buzzing the Raleigh area at low altitude, no a to a traffic heard. Possible ident from Ron's callsign list is SPADE AV-8B, VMA-231 MCAS Cherry Point NC.

View attachment 148983
They were Marine Harriers in town for the Duke vs Notre Dame game. They did a test run around Noon and then over the game around 7:20.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Week Ahead travel for VP...

On Thursday, October 5, the Vice President and Second Gentleman will travel to San Francisco, CA to attend the funeral service for Senator Dianne Feinstein.
On Friday, October 6, the Vice President and Second Gentleman will travel to St. Louis, MO.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
0700 - DM A10’s at MTN are still sitting with their engine covers on and nobody around. That 1000Z departure is definitely getting pushed back
Tanker help is on the way.. Seems they have had a hard time getting Altrav tanker help lately.
CLEAN-11 KC-10 #85-0033 has departed Travis for Dover AFB this afternoon..
May not be soon enough for a Tuesday departure. cutting it close on rest hours.
Maybe they will get a local East Coast tanker to be CLEAN-21/01 later.

Last edited:

ZNY3347

Tanker help is on the way.. Seems they have had a hard time getting Altrav tanker help lately.
CLEAN-11 KC-10 #85-0033 has departed Travis for Dover AFB this afternoon..
May not be soon enough for a Tuesday departure. cutting it close on rest hours.
Maybe they will get a local East Coast tanker to be CLEAN-21/01 later.
Figured so. I was there again today and no movement. I’m thinking a Wednesday morning departure…

freeflyen

Anyone tracking the FEST bird out of JBA? ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live
02-4452-united-states-air-force-boeing-c-32b-757-23a_PlanespottersNet_1278949_e573df7a26_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.