Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Pool earlier reported they were being transported on Blackhawks, but issued a correction stating:

"The pool has determined that the pool and staff came to Santa Monica not aboard Blackhawks, but aboard much larger CH-53 Sea Stallions or possibly CH-53e Super Sea Stallions. Pool failed to count the number of seats."

Any reports of Blackhawks being used, that slip into the media reports, are incorrect.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The U.S. Agency for International Development utilizes U.S. Air Force airlift capabilities to transport humanitarian aid throughout the Middle East, Dec. 8, 2023. The U.S. government partners with the United Nations World Food Program (WFP), the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), and the UN International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) will distribute these supplies to meet the need in Gaza.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Pool earlier reported they were being transported on Blackhawks, but issued a correction stating:

"The pool has determined that the pool and staff came to Santa Monica not aboard Blackhawks, but aboard much larger CH-53 Sea Stallions or possibly CH-53e Super Sea Stallions. Pool failed to count the number of seats."

Any reports of Blackhawks being used, that slip into the media reports, are incorrect.
Watched the vid tonight into LAX and was 3 CH-53E types with long nose refueling nozzles
and two Potus White tops.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Week ahead released by pool...

On Sunday, the President and the First Lady will return to the White House.

On Monday, the President will travel to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for campaign event.
Then, the President will return to the White House.

On Saturday, the President and the First Lady will travel to Wilmington, Delaware where they will remain through the weekend.

wotd130

As a flight tracker and without radio gear, I'm not as fluent as the experts here (though I have seen the callsign lists).

What might others offer with regard to the pattern of "KECK" callsign missions - VIP support? Comparable to the "REACH-T" missions? Thanks for any insight!

mdmonitor

As a flight tracker and without radio gear, I'm not as fluent as the experts here (though I have seen the callsign lists).

What might others offer with regard to the pattern of "KECK" callsign missions - VIP support? Comparable to the "REACH-T" missions? Thanks for any insight!
To my understanding the Keck, Eider & Deed missions are associated with POTUS/VPOTUS support

Dutchmil

Good afternoon,

BLUE 21 (79-1946) and BLUE 22 (58-0099) should be taking the first cell of 75FS A-10s
home today as TREND 31 flight from Lajes. They are estimating DOVEY at 1750z.

Further routing southbound: DOVEY - ACK - RIFLE - EMJAY - SIE - SWL - SAWED - ORF.

They are on Coronet West 067 leg 3, hopefully someone will find their air-to-air ..... ;)

Dutchmil

Nothing on radio here. They were fairly low offshore so not surprised.

Thanks Mark, yes they were very difficult to track .... I only had BLUE 22 for a moment with
Washington center on 133.125 and he requested to break-up the formation and go to KPIT.

Never heard the A-10s ... but here is another try tomorrow, with the second cell TREND 41.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Terrible coverage. And they even went to commercials first then showed it after. :mad:
Never seen a game with so many commercials.. Yikes! Game will be 3.5 hours long.

Game so long the Army has uploaded their paradrop already.. LOL

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Odd to hear training on Sat. night
255.0 with GK
Yes the DC guys went back out again WILDS and ANGRYS.

Massachusetts has handed off Company D of the 223rd MIB to the DC Army National Guard.
Maybe we will get a few Army snoop planes in the future into Andrews but seems mostly a ground based Intel operation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.