Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

airwolfbell222

Premium Subscriber
Mil related but not milair some vid of trains last week some with military cargo vehicles headed West from Illinois and tank types in Oklahoma and couple cars playing on tracks,airline fuselages, and some weird special oversize cargos. :)
TWO CARS ON THE TRACKS! GREAT ENGINE CATCHES, COYOTE HOWLS WITH SIREN AND A BIG GRAB BAG! 1/24&25/23 - YouTube

BOLT-01 and KNIGHT-01 off the deck in NZ headed for Hawaii or will they stick with Southern Hemisphere?
View attachment 135216
This was a planned endurance Ex

Mark

Premium Subscriber
This was a planned endurance Ex
Rgr that,posted that yesterday ;)

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Where is the command control station for the CAP?
CAP's are organized by NORAD and controlled in this area by EADS at Griffiss in Rome NY.
There is two detachments in DC area as well. Used to be called NEADS but I think after 9/11 problems it is now just called EADS.
Eastern Air Defense Sector - Wikipedia

I never heard any MD ANG A-10's today or A/C F-16s both on training down South.
Maybe back home Sunday.

Last edited:

dmi

Premium Subscriber
CAP's are organized by NORAD and controlled in this area by EADS at Griffiss in Rome NY.
There is two detachments in DC area as well. Used to be called NEADS but I think after 9/11 problems it is now just called EADS.
Eastern Air Defense Sector - Wikipedia

I never heard any MD ANG A-10's today or A/C F-16s both on training down South.
Maybe back home Sunday.
I meant for radio comms on the CAP frequency eg. 260.900. I heard NOBLE flights and the AAR stuff... Is there someone directing the CAP on frequency? Is Huntress the the one who is assuming command and control from a ground station?

HUNTRESS - Static Callsign for the NORAD North East Air Defense Sector, Headquartered in Rome, NY.

So if one was near Rome, NY you could hear the ground side?

Last edited:

jsoergel

Feed Provider
I meant for radio comms on the CAP frequency eg. 260.900. I heard NOBLE flights and the AAR stuff... Is there someone directing the CAP on frequency? Is Huntress the the one who is assuming command and control from a ground station?

HUNTRESS - Static Callsign for the NORAD North East Air Defense Sector, Headquartered in Rome, NY.

No; although NORAD is headquartered there, they use remote transceivers close to where the fighters are located.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
No; although NORAD is headquartered there, they use remote transceivers close to where the fighters are located.

One of the remote sites used when POTUS is in Wilmington or Rehoboth Beach Delaware is at the FAA radar site in Gibbsboro NJ.

Attachments

• Gibbsboro 1.jpg
    Gibbsboro 1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 27

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Should be busy afternoon around here as CAP will move from Camp David to Wilm area.
Also the 177th FW NJ ANG F-16's will do the Eagles-Niners pre-game flyover in Philly around 3PM local.
P-6 had a good Friday Chopper vid in the DC area.Looked like a Police chopper convention from area Police agencies.
D.C. gets ready for the release of the Tyre Nichols video - YouTube

vgames15

I can sometimes hear the ground side at KILG. You hear a tone then they start talking I’ll try and find some audio I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.