Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Okay after not finding any explaination for the object at that position. I just deciced to email the folks who might know about it.
Waiting for a email reply - I hope. If a black van shows up and guys with suits and sunglasses get out.....I might be offline for a while.
If they pull out something that looks like a pen light, close your eyes.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
TITAN-25 E-4B crossing Montana on way back from the Phillipines.
SCORE-84 Pax River P-8 #169333 was VX-1 for a while now VX-20 been gone a while in Seattle since last March.
Working way back East.. Must have done a lot of work on this one and not that old.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark, what part of VA/NC did u see them on ADSB?
Was doing left to right and back runs just South of Chase City Va and North of the John Hosea Kerr Reservoir.
Never seen one down that way before... Probably one or more A-10's also along with one showing.
There is a Low level range down that way called R6602,A,B,C range right next to Pickett-2 MOA.
1675368351814.png

Last edited:

Radar412

Premium Subscriber
split between Berkeley Springs, WV & Wyoming
Was doing left to right and back runs just South of Chase City Va and North of the John Hosea Kerr Reservoir.
Never seen one down that way before...
That would make sense with traffic I heard yesterday traveling down I81 well south of Blacksburg. I was still scanning my Mid Atl banks which include all the A10 listings and heard traffic on both 228.1 & 266.6 at the same time frame but discounted it to maybe a weird skip but the location you reported in central VA would make sense for what I heard. It was at least 2 aircraft on each frequency. Chase City area would be real close air wise to Ft Pickett. May be doing something with Blackstone AAF? (Missed what u said about R6602, thats probably what I was hearing)

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Oh, jeez, you're absolutely correct, east to west. Sorry about that - I've been looking at Dulles landing/takeoff patterns because I want to go down and photograph 747/388s, and therefore had north and south on the mind. Thanks for correcting me! :)

No worries - there are probably some spots near the east end of the airport (off airport property) that might be good too.

freqhopping

The tie in with the GLARE flights may not be as far off of a guess.....since technically they are testing equipment. This could be the calibration target based on this data

View attachment 135604

Has nothing to do with the GLARE flight. This data was transmitting long before the GLARE flight was active. The location of the source could be anywhere and nowhere near NJ.

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
Okay I found a similar callsign - the one I was looking for. Approaching Atlantic City Airport

View attachment 135607
Thats where I first spotted it 3 days ago at around 5 am. Just south of ACY. Then later in the day it moved offshore. Like I said in an earlier post, maybe some kind of FAA test that I've seen at other airports.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
ASY-303 KC-30A A39-007 tanker working World westbound coming SW along Maine coast.

Those P-8A's continue to work offshore Va Beach coast almost constantly now.
International waters though off the World's largest Naval yard.. Makes you go hmm.
I wonder if they can harass a Sub by dropping annoying sounding buoys all the time just to let them know we see them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.