Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
NOBLE-21 earlier 12:22 had brief chase req down to FL 4k Hdg 240 then at 12:26 says back up in the CAP.
Guess they called it off..Seems lately they have been getting lot of false alarms
Lots of small airports in South Jersey where aircraft just take off and do local patterns not aware they are inside the TFR

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Big clear out of KC135's from Macdill worthy of a mention. Not sure how many have departed. I'm assuming they are temporarily relocating due to the impending tropical storm due to hit Florida?
Haven't been watching Florida.. Many clear out already?
NOAA has the P-3 N42RF up.. Civ air traffic all squeezed to East side of Florida.
Not much of an eyewall yet but lots of rain for sure.
1722730913510.png

Last edited:

FLboy850

Big clear out of KC135's from Macdill worthy of a mention. Not sure how many have departed. I'm assuming they are temporarily relocating due to the impending tropical storm due to hit Florida?
I’ve seen four so far. I thought it was storm related but saw them continuing over Nova Scotia which makes me think it’s potentially something else (lots of world events happening, storm could just be another factor added to the mix).

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Saw this BH400 KC-130T the other day on ADSB going from PR non-stop to San Diego area.
Rare on East coast from VX-30 Bloodhounds.. Those mean looking dogs on their tail logo :)
Just watch first few minutes as the rest is just Civ flights.

vx-30-emblem-logo-F86FCFE7DA-seeklogo.com.png

Last edited:

colp73

I’ve seen four so far. I thought it was storm related but saw them continuing over Nova Scotia which makes me think it’s potentially something else (lots of world events happening, storm could just be another factor added to the mix).
I'm in the UK and was reading a thread on our Fighter Control website here and seems double digit figure KC135s left. Interestingly at least a couple went apparently to Turkey. A lot of them went to Pease.

Just a side note I'm on vacation in Orlando Wednesday week. I'm assuming it's unlikely I'll be seeing much in the way of any Military action in that location?!

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the UK and was reading a thread on our Fighter Control website here and seems double digit figure KC135s left. Interestingly at least a couple went apparently to Turkey. A lot of them went to Pease.

Just a side note I'm on vacation in Orlando Wednesday week. I'm assuming it's unlikely I'll be seeing much in the way of any Military action in that location?!
USAF news site says F-22's will be deployed soon. Maybe some Langley F-22's?

Orlando in August.. Doesn't get much hotter than that :)
Yes all the mil action is out West in the Panhandle area and way down Key West with some MacDill tankers floating around
Central Florida.I fly to Tampa often and rarely see anything except to circle overfly MacDill on way in.
Have a good safe trip! Maybe you will run into some Olympians celebrating at Disney down there or see a rocket launch.
Space X has launches Aug 7th,10th and the 18th from the Cape.

Last edited:

FLboy850

As Mark said, unfortunately not a ton of military action in the Orlando area and when you do see them it’s usually T6s flying into Sanford.

Patrick/Cape Canaveral occasionally get some unique jets that come through. For the most part it’s either the 920th RQW HH60s/C130s or P8s from NAS Jax you’ll see in that area.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Couple of KC-46s from KWRI to PAEI today, maybe AK F-22s ?
Thanks yeah that crossed my mind too.. Zip across to Bangor or Pease then hop over?
Usually tankers stage at Dover for Langley F-22's and haven't seen any here yet.

GOLD-22 #11-46057 just departed McGuire westbound followed by GOLD-23 #21-46061

Last edited: