Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

john8436

Question to the many wise people out here!!

Does anyone live close to or just has programmed their scanner to monitor the various military trunked systems that the bases use?

I am looking to program in McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst. Also I will be heading to Virginia Beach in March for work meetings and would like to program NAS Oceana system in. I will be monitoring the normal MilAir frequencies while there, of course!!

The RR Database list most as Motorola Project 25 Phase I systems but saw other article that said McGuire was a Project 25 Phase 2 SmartNet.

Any tips, guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

freqhopping

AAL795 due into IAD has been holding awhile, but now diverting to DCA. Other flights are landing at IAD, must be some company policy related to some sort of condition at IAD. Code 5/5/5, 100% wet, 1/8" snow, fair braking action is what the tower is reporting.

Fox news just reported a ground stop at Reagan, though flights have been departing.
Lots of ops vehicles showing on ADS-B working on 12/30 at Dulles.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I was out but 1428 local TREND-21 flight dropping down on UHF here looking for runway 19R so
assume they landed at Andrews
Some of yesterday's F-16's working West now from SJ North Carolina..
View attachment 154746

BTW what happened to the USS Ford? Cleared Gibraltar last week and no show at Norfolk so far?
Now Navy says will rtb Norfolk next week... slow going.
They are off deployment, so weapons are off loaded, to be transferred to the next "ready carrier" for use. That took my ship 3.5 days, staging 23 hours a day, which started the night before. Then combined conrep & vertrep, during daylight hours.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Slow Mil day today due to bad wx but Duke MOA booked for 3 sessions tomorrow so assume
Makos will be getting back to work.. Funny last week that one Mako pilot complaining about the cold when it was
in mid 40's.. Bet not happy now.. I think High temp for tomorrow is 25 degrees.. Heck even Tampa high is only 56 tomorrow.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
VP travel tomorrow...

At 8:35 am ET, the Vice President will depart Washington, DC en route to New York, NY.
At 9:30 am ET, the Vice President will arrive at LaGuardia Airport.
At 5:15 pm ET, the Vice President will depart New York, NY en route to Washington, DC.
At 6:15 pm ET, the Vice President will arrive at Joint Base Andrews.