Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed there will be. Guy at MTN says 4 pilots in the jets now
Ravens up on A/A 266.600.. "13 minutes till we got to go".
I think they were a bit early on TV as singer was one of those stretch it way out types.
Why do they sometimes have to show off their pipes like that? Annoying to say the least.

Last edited:

JetWash

Saturday NOTAM:

01/236 ZNY COM WARREN GROVE REMOTE COM 133.5/354.0 U/S until January 27 at 8AM local.

The weird part is that all the FAA documents I've seen and the RRDB show these freqs transmitting from Barnegat, NJ...with no mentions anywhere of transmitters for ZNY at Warren Grove.

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
Spent some time watching the Honolulu live stream this afternoon (PHNL). Good coverage. Chris the host says he will be on again Tuesday morning local time and there is expected to be a military exercise underway. He figures that will be F-22s and F-35s if the fighters come out to play. I saw a C-17 and a P-8 today. Link is
at least for today.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Saturday NOTAM:

01/236 ZNY COM WARREN GROVE REMOTE COM 133.5/354.0 U/S until January 27 at 8AM local.

The weird part is that all the FAA documents I've seen and the RRDB show these freqs transmitting from Barnegat, NJ...with no mentions anywhere of transmitters for ZNY at Warren Grove.
Well it is technically nearer to Warren Grove ... you can zoom out for a better view.
It is at the end of appropriately name FAA Radio Tower Road.....;)

Wait this might be the Ship Bottom RCAG.....okay Ship Bottom is here

OCEANSHIPBOTTOMFAA'S SHIPBOTTOM RCAG FACILITYLOCATED ON ROUTE 10 NEAR JUNCTION OF ROUTE 72

Last edited:

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Terry is spot on…
The “Barnegat” transmitter (133.5/354.0) is on Radio Tower Rd, technically not in Barnegat as far as I can tell.
Ship Bottom transmitter is a couple of miles away near Rt 72, ironically in Barnegat. I’ve been there from time to time and have verified myself.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this helps but…The 133.5/354.0 transmitter is right on the border of Burlington and Ocean counties, extremely near the Warren Grove municipal firehouse. Warren Grove military Range is also very nearby. I’ve personally checked it out, maybe around two years ago.
Yeah I am confusing myself

Ship Bottom RCAG is located at 192 Warren Grove Road ZIP 08005
Barnegat RCAG is is located at 30 Beaver Dam Road ZIP 08087 or as the directions read --- From Warren Grove NJ RTE 539 take turn west on Simms Place Rd to Beaver Dam Rd,

Just amazing the other information you bump into looking for stuff.....trying to look through a large excel file FAA sites

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Terry is spot on…
The “Barnegat” transmitter is on Radio Tower Rd, technically not in Barnegat as far as I can tell.
Ship Bottom transmitter is a couple of miles away near Rt 72, ironically in Barnegat. Again, I’ve been there and verified myself.
Thanks - FAA needs to clean up these sites too.... NJ DEP has them on their list :cool:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Lots of places near Chino - could be going there to pickup almost anything of interest to their military.
Mark
Was catching up on my reading of other websites and this was posted by someone on Airliners.Net So the Israel AF 707 was in for a maintenance visit most likely.

The contractor on the south side of the airport, Threshold Aviation, has occasionally had some unusual clients - previous visitors have included a Grumman Mallard turboprop conversion, a couple of 727s, a Mexican Air Force C-130, and a former Japanese Coast Guard Falcon 900. So maintenance with them, which is also what I've heard, is the most likely explanation I can think of.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Updated weekend schedule for POTUS...travel to Wilmington and back to Rehoboth

12:15 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Rehoboth Beach, Delaware en route to New Castle, Delaware
1:00 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in New Castle, Delaware

5:10 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart New Castle, Delaware en route to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5:55 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Capture0.PNG

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I am confusing myself

Ship Bottom RCAG is located at 192 Warren Grove Road ZIP 08005
Barnegat RCAG is is located at 30 Beaver Dam Road ZIP 08087 or as the directions read --- From Warren Grove NJ RTE 539 take turn west on Simms Place Rd to Beaver Dam Rd,

Just amazing the other information you bump into looking for stuff.....trying to look through a large excel file FAA sites
There is also an FAA site here. passed it many times. At County Rd 510 and Old Cedar Bridge Rd. I was under the impression this site was called "Barnegat".

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
There is also an FAA site here. passed it many times. At County Rd 510 and Old Cedar Bridge Rd. I was under the impression this site was called "Barnegat".
that should be the Ship Bottom RCAG according to the data I am looking at

192 Warren Grove Rd
Attachment J-5b
Ship Bottom RCAG
Here are both sites on a Google Earth map

1705849407156.png

Last edited:

mdmonitor

Ravens up on A/A 266.600.. "13 minutes till we got to go".
I think they were a bit early on TV as singer was one of those stretch it way out types.
Why do they sometimes have to show off their pipes like that? Annoying to say the least.
Mark

Saw fly over on nightly news. Was flt of four in nice tight formation. No easy to do with the wind that was blowing.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark

Saw fly over on nightly news. Was flt of four in nice tight formation. No easy to do with the wind that was blowing.
Yes very impressive.. Strong winds don't seem to bother these guys as a few days ago landing runway 33
at Martin State with 30mph crosswind they kind of yawned about it...
Heard CAP fighters retire to ACY just before 1PM today. Guess with Potus up in Wilm were not needed.
Maybe they will resume later this afternoon at the beach.

Must be motorcade on the move soon as DSP chopper up and Deldot cams off rte-141 are not available.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
DAILY GUIDANCE FOR THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR MONDAY, JANUARY 22, 2024

At 9:35 am ET, the Vice President will depart Washington, DC en route to Milwaukee, WI.
At 10:30 am CT, the Vice President will arrive at Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport.

At 3:35 pm CT, the Vice President will depart Milwaukee, WI en route to Washington, DC.
At 6:10 pm ET, the Vice President will arrive at Joint Base Andrews.