Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Likely a good photo opportunity tomorrow for you guys in DE.
Maybe but notice AN-124's don't hang around long in Dover. May be gone before sunup. Gas and Go see ya!

One thing for sure the B-747 commercial freight trains keep running to Eastern Poland every day from Dover
so goodies are still flowing..

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I was just getting ready to post that :)

Boeing freighter job out of Snohomish?
Inbound KDOV 132.425.. Very good English with slight accent.. Contract pilot?
2121 local looking for runway 19 into Dover
I used to have a website when I worked full time that showed me the different charter requirements and reasons. I used to keep an eye on my customers bidding for new contracts to know when they would need more wheels and brakes at a new line station. Need to check my "new" work computer for the link.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Regarding freqhopping and Mark's post on the Antonov flight...the actual flight was for this ....... from Florida to Boeing in Washington State

Antonov Airlines hereby applies for an emergency exemption to permit Antonov to operate a single one-way all-cargo charter flight transporting at least one outsized Boeing 767 wing center section, plus ancillary equipment, aerostructures and parts, from Melbourne, Florida or West Palm Beach, Florida to Everett, Washington or Seattle, Washington (BFI or SEA), during the period February 20-26, 2024, using an AN-124-100 aircraft.1 Antonov respectfully requests expedited consideration and approval of this application to authorize the timely transportation of structural assemblies that are urgently needed by The Boeing Company to maintain its 767 Tanker/Freighter production line.

The one-way MLB-PAE charter flight is anticipated to occur on February 21, 2024. Antonov requests approval dates of February 20-26, 2024 to account for the positioning flight, the aircraft loading schedule, and potential accelerations or delays due to cargo readiness or operational factors.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
RCH-409 departing McGuire C-17 #00-0180 enroute ESPA Kallax Air Base Sweden.
Prob for that large North Atlantic exercise (Steadfast Defender 2024) for next month. https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/222847.htm
Sweden (NATO Invitee) very close to NATO membership so some B-1 visits may be in the cards.
I'm sure Swedes will get a kick out of that.. Exercise in various forms runs thru May.
I guessed right for once... LOL :)
https://www.airandspaceforces.com/b-1-lancer-sweden-bomber-task-force/

Now about those Roma KC-10's currently at McGuire.. hmm.

skthomp

Fox:

A military helicopter crashed in a wooded area during a training mission in Mississippi on Friday.

A Mississippi National Guard AH-64 Apache went down around 2 p.m. off of Highway 30 near Booneville in Prentiss County — about 115 miles southeast of Memphis, Tennessee, officials confirmed.

The chopper was flying a routine training mission when it crashed, according to the National Guard.

It’s unclear at this time how many people were aboard the chopper and “casualties are unconfirmed at this time,” the National Guard said in a statement.

“Please keep the members of the Mississippi National Guard and their Families in your thoughts and prayers during this challenging time,” it added.

mattcawby

I was just getting ready to post that :)

Boeing freighter job out of Snohomish?
Inbound KDOV 132.425.. Very good English with slight accent.. Contract pilot?
2121 local looking for runway 19 into Dover
UR-82007 arrived in Everett on the evening of February 21 with cargo for Boeing. Here it is departing for Dover the next day.an124.jpg

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Looks to be a slow week ahead, with no stops in Delaware...

On Monday, the President will travel to New York, New York. After, the President will depart New York, New York and return to the White House.
On Friday, the President will host Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni of Italy for a bilateral meeting. Later, the President will travel to Camp David, where he will remain until Monday.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Fox:

A military helicopter crashed in a wooded area during a training mission in Mississippi on Friday.

A Mississippi National Guard AH-64 Apache went down around 2 p.m. off of Highway 30 near Booneville in Prentiss County — about 115 miles southeast of Memphis, Tennessee, officials confirmed.

The chopper was flying a routine training mission when it crashed, according to the National Guard.

It’s unclear at this time how many people were aboard the chopper and “casualties are unconfirmed at this time,” the National Guard said in a statement.

“Please keep the members of the Mississippi National Guard and their Families in your thoughts and prayers during this challenging time,” it added.
Yes was tragic news.. Another reminder about how dangerous at times Mil training can be. :(
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/23/politics/national-guard-helicopter-mississippi/index.html

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Early start.. From tape 0310 local ZDC UHF TREND-21 with KC-10 #84-0191 ROMA-71 FL-250 headed towards Cape Cod area.
ROMA-71 shows enroute Mildenhall.
0357 local ROMA-71 told to push ZNY Oceanic 125.925.
0404 local ZNY Oceanic Live ATC tells ROMA-71 says cleared destination Coronet East 019 HF will be 5520
0408 ZNY tells Roma -71 radar service terminated and call ZNY 0n 129.900 for HF assignment.
0411 ROMA-71 comes up on HF 5520 for selcal check.Assigned 8908/5598 when at 60W

There is a CAFE-61 KC-135 #58-0094 climbing up from Mildenhall Acars has Enroute McGuire later.

Last edited: