Mid-South Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronmicha

Anyone have a source for maps for TN., AR., & MS. that show ALL the county roads, gravel roads, little used roads, etc.? Not interested in the topographic maps issued by Geological Survey. They are complete but a little more than what I need and a little more expensive. Also would like something up to date. Not sure how up to date the state's DOT maps are--I think they're pretty old but cheap. I guess I want my cake and eat it too.
Thanks.
Ron

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
go to the tennessee state web site click on the dot link and you should find the info theer on getting a tennessee state dot map

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Delorme Atlas & Gazetteer

Wal-Mart carries these and they are a very good set of maps. They are about $20.

I keep one (Arkansas) in my van and use it often. I do know that the AR version is in need of updating, there have been new bypasses around Forrest City & N. Little Rock that aren't in the most current version.

Tennessee Atlas Facts
Scale 1:150,000 (1"=2.4 miles)
Contour Interval 40 meters (approx. 131 feet)
Each page covers 24.5 miles x 34.5 miles
GPS Grids & tick marks
Index Placenames
Special Features Shaded relief maps
Pages 59 pp. of maps, 72 pp. in all
Copyright 2004

jalexand69

ronmicha said:
Anyone have a source for maps for TN., AR., & MS. that show ALL the county roads, gravel roads, little used roads, etc.? Not interested in the topographic maps issued by Geological Survey. They are complete but a little more than what I need and a little more expensive. Also would like something up to date. Not sure how up to date the state's DOT maps are--I think they're pretty old but cheap. I guess I want my cake and eat it too.
Thanks.
Ron

Ron, would you be interested in digital or paper maps? You can receiver TIGER files free form the Bureau of Census. You can use a special program to turn layers on/off (like certain types of roads, power lines, lakes, etc.), and the software is free. The TIGER maps are by county FIPS (forget the meaning of FIPS), and all states are available.

For paper maps, TDOT base county maps, like someone else mentioned, would be your best bet. j c

SCPD

QRT
Tennessee County Maps

I needed a good map of Scott and Campbell Counties. Typed in Scott.pdf and Campbell.pdf in Google, and got what I wanted. They are BIG maps, you'll need a plotter to print them out. Maybe this will work for the counties you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.