Middle TN Electric

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDavis90

Not hearing anything on 451.050, or 451.150 which is in the database for Rutherford area. They have licensed 800mhz as in setting up a trunked system...anyone been monitoring them lately that knows what their current frequencies are?

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Not hearing anything on 451.050, or 451.150 which is in the database for Rutherford area. They have licensed 800mhz as in setting up a trunked system...anyone been monitoring them lately that knows what their current frequencies are?

I have not monitored them, but I noticed they have the 800 mhz antennas on their trucks. Also, out of curosity, I looked in the RadioReference database for Rutherford County, TN. under the tab "FCC Licenses", "Display All FCC Licenses in Rutherford County, TN" and with the "Business Trunked" button/tab turned on--green in color. They have a "ton" of 800 mhz frequencies listed and it may be that the ones you want are coded as "FB2C" which, I am assuming, are the control channels.

Last edited:

SDavis90

Thanks jimg,
The only thing is I don't know how to put it all in and make it work. Theres a few different sites. I can program my 396XLT all day long once (and as long as) I can look at something which tells me what to enter such as Band Plan to use, steps, and offsets, etc...

Maybe if someone was interested enough in making a database entry for the system, so I can just punch the information in to my scanner that would be great!

Again, thanks for your help...maybe I will figure it out.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks jimg,
The only thing is I don't know how to put it all in and make it work. Theres a few different sites. I can program my 396XLT all day long once (and as long as) I can look at something which tells me what to enter such as Band Plan to use, steps, and offsets, etc...

Maybe if someone was interested enough in making a database entry for the system, so I can just punch the information in to my scanner that would be great!

Again, thanks for your help...maybe I will figure it out.

The database shows it is a trunked system, but still don't know whether it is P25, MOT, EDCS, or LT. Maybe if someone on this forum has a pre-loaded scanner, like a Uniden Home Patrol or a GRE-800, they might be able to tell you what the settings are--just a guess.

SDavis90

I have a HP-1E but it doesn't have this system in the full database. I don't know enough about programming this in from scratch. Maybe someone else that knows what they're doing will give it a shot.

cowand

MTEMC iDEN Network

Middle Tennessee Electric uses iDEN digital radios for business operations. This is the same as Nextel digital voice. No scanner will pick this up.

I know this for a fact. I work for a fire department within MTEMC coverage area, and they respond to our fires to shut down the electric for us. They carry older radios, which look like the old Nextel brick radio phones (not flip). They even chirp like Nextel. The only thing that is different; they have their own trunked radio system.

I’ve “heard” that a lot of the field workers do not like the system due to dead spots. I’d say the radios have very minimal transmit power as well. They should have gone with what Duck River Electric went with… P25.

Anyway, I hope this helps you folks out. Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.