Middle TN Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EncoreEye

I need help programming. I have my favorites list but the Trunk section is not working. If I turn off to monitor my conventional fav's but have my Trunks fav's on, it shows nothing to scan. I have my quick keys and location set. I do not know what I have done wrong.

What I'm asking is for help. I'm located in southern middle Tennessee and looking for someone to help me program or coach me in the right direction. Willing to drive to your location.

Can someone someone help me

Thanks
Paul

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Paul,
Would help to know what scanner and if using what programming software.

bg_nashville

Tell us what system you are trying to monitor and how you have the quick keys programmed for the following

Favorites List:
System:
Site:
Department:

EncoreEye

System is Tennessee Advanced Communications Network QK 2

Site is THP QK relates to district

Dept: ex: THP District: 2 Car To Car and so on

EncoreEye

I should add that when go into view setup on scanner system is there but depts are not showing up so that I may review. Again if i turn off my conventional fav list and leave on TNAC Favorite scanner says nothing to scan. I've screwed something up.

bg_nashville

Sites and Systems share the "S" quick key. Try using values at the opposite end of the spectrum for Sites and Systems. For example use quick key 99 for the TACN system and quick key 1 for a given TACN site.

I never mix conventional and trunk systems in the same FL and only one trunk system per FL. It's just easier that way IMHO.

Let's us know if this solves the problem.

EncoreEye

Ok I have deleted everything and starting fresh. I first load all TACN which includes the THP Department and the sites. Everythings scans including THP Under the TACN. My system will scan with the sites not AVOID. But once AVOID the sites the department will not scan. I'm a little confused.

Before I deleted everything is followed bg_nashville and still null.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
If I understand you Avoid sites? That blocks the site and the scanner will not look at it so it cannot receive any traffic. Here is a link that might help you to understand better how the radio works and how to perform some tasks that are not intuitive but helpful. It is an online scanner "manual" for the 436.
Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

bg_nashville

I got confused on my previous post. It is Departments and Sites that share the same "D" quick key. For example let's say you have TACN setup as follows:

FL: 9
System: 0
Department (THP for example): 1

So you would enable/disable THP by selecting 9.0.1

Then let's say you assigned the site quick keys as follows:

Site: 1 Nashville West
Site: 2 Antioch

If you disable the Antioch site by entering 9.0.2 you will still receive THP on the Nashville Site. However, if you disabled the Nashville West site by entering 9.0.1 you will also disable the THP since it shares the
Dept/Site Quick Key of "1".

There is a Dept/Site Quick Keys Status tab in Sentinel when programming your FL. Make sure you don't have departments and sites mixed on the same quick key value.

EncoreEye

I was so frustrated with this that I did not do anything or read anything for over a week. However i did delete everything and started over. I loaded everything as before and assigned quick keys to my conventional, but when it came to the Trunked THP I did not assign anything, just added to favorites as the master database would list.

Now I get THP for Dist 2 and 7. Occasionally some unknowns. Even thought the trunked is not priority I have to turn off because I cannot or will not get my conventional feq's as often.

Status
Not open for further replies.