Middlebury, CT - Referendum holds fate of radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cskib32087

Its to bad a cop is going to have to die before they see that they need a new system.
And Bruce marcus from Marcus communications has been taking out adds in the papers for people to vote NO because his company got beat out for the contrtact.
You didn't see motorola or Ma/Com taking out adds. Its a ploy because he dosent have any real public safety systems and he wants to get his foot in someware to prove TAIT is better than eg\verything else.
If a cop dies they should sue him also for slowing down the process.
The FD went VHF last year with motorola and LOVES it PD is still low band.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
It's too bad I just saw the results on WTNH.com and it looks like the voters voted down the new radio system. It looks like the count was 727 to 645. I feel bad for the police officers, it must be so frustrating for them to know that they were so close to getting a new radio system. It looks like Marcus Communications got their wish of wanting the proposal voted down.

Here is the link:
Middlebury votes for new police radios | wtnh.com connecticut

KIKINWING

Premium Subscriber
Its to bad a cop is going to have to die before they see that they need a new system.
QUOTE]

And if you belive that I got a bridge I can sell ya!!! PLEEEZE stop playing the fear card. Being a cop is dangerous. So is driving a truck. The number of deaths per 100,000 are comporable. Yeah the radio system is antiquated, yes it would be nice to have a new one and it would be nice if I could go to bed as late as I want and eat ice cream when ever I wanted, etc...etc... If the job is too risky then they could always drive a truck. Oh yeah, then we would hear the whining start all over again.

It's the money honey.

If the cops give back some of their perks and forgo pay raises then the tax paying, hard working, good people of Middlebury CT would gladly support this Cadillac on their beer budget.

It's sad that it has come to this.... Fear has no place in this debate. No one has died since the system was installed, because the system was installed, circa 1973; No one will!!

ILMRadioMan

It's sad that it has come to this.... Fear has no place in this debate.

Do we have irony police here at RR?

What do you think you are doing when you claim the govt wants to control everything, and its the end of scanning, etc...?

Fearmongering goes both ways.

KIKINWING

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.