Middlesex County P25 Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
The G5 shows decimal when on diagnostics. The PPS must have HEX. A very common programming issue. The other work around is to use the wildcard FFFF in all the required fields. Google has a nice decimal to hex converter.

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Let Unitrunker run the other day, and came across a few new finds...
TG: 880, radio ID's 1273193, 1273195
TG: 833 radio ID 1002999
TG: 943 radio ID's 1230934, 1230949
TG: 19712 (encrypted) (? Sayreville ?)

Unknown use(s) at this time.

GM

Premium Subscriber
I believe TG 880 is the County Conservation Corps. I'm going to venture a guess that 943 is County Health related.

mdsxfire

EDBM
I heard that Monroe township is going to be switching to the county TRS soon but fire will be staying with motorola radios not going to Harris, smart move
Anyone heard any news on the added towers in Edison for their transition to the system? And if they will be going to Harris radios or staying with M

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Interesting. Having their own system, then over to East Brunswick and now to county? Assume existing agencies will continue with encryption if thats the case.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Interesting. Having their own system, then over to East Brunswick and now to county? Assume existing agencies will continue with encryption if thats the case.
Probably a safe bet, but I did hear that south brunswick police will be in the clear, the package deal with encryption wasn’t offered when they signed up so it was extra, James burg and milltown Pd also in the clear

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Ref my earlier post...TG 833 heard it mentioned as "Channel 6". Puts it right in place with the County Road Dept TG's so that makes sense.

racescan_fan

Yesterday I got North Brunswick Police TGID: 14101 clear simulcast of 502.3875 and North Brunswick Fire/EMS TGID: 14201 clear. I also haven't picked anything up From South Brunswick simulcast TG for the past week.

racescan_fan

I just found this link. file:///C:/Users/thomas/Downloads/RESOLUTION_AUTHORIZING_THE_PURCHASE_OF_RADIO_EQUIPMENT%20(1).pdf

CM1

Premium Subscriber
That link is useless, it's on your local computer!
Nice catch on North Bruns., I did notice So. Bruns. disappeared and have been wondering why?

mdsxfire

EDBM
That link is useless, it's on your local computer!
Nice catch on North Bruns., I did notice So. Bruns. disappeared and have been wondering why?
i have noticed as well, wonder if they took the patch off in preparation of going live full time on the Middlesex TRS, i noticed today they were doing more radio testing on the south brunswick Fire dept TGs on the county system.
does anyone have any information on if North Brunswick is making the move to the county system, i would think something is in the works if they are patching their UHF channels to it.
i know south brunswick was waiting for the addition of a new site to fernwood drive(something like that) for added coverage before they switched fully,(this site would probably add more coverage for north brunswick) no word on how the progress is going on that.
Have also had the system in open scan seeing if any Edison TG ID's pop up with any testing. I know that may take longer as they are waiting for 2 sites to be added in edison that will give them full coverage and also help south plainfield.
Lastly Monroe is also making the switch to the county system but is staying with their motorola radios (something i wish we did also)
With South Brunswick, Edison and monroe and possibly North Brunswick going to the system and Jamesburg,Middlesex boro,Milltown,Sayreville,South Amboy on it that would be getting close to half the towns in the county going almost a true county wide system. dont think i ever see towns like Piscataway, Old Bridge, East Brunswick, Woodbridge/Perth Amboy ever going with the investments they all have in their own TRS systems. That would leave Dunellen who is on Somerset County with decent coverage, Metuchen on their UHF repeater, Cranbury on Mercer County TRS and Carteret on their UHF repeater as the only other towns that could possibly make the switch in the future.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Would be interesting to see if Woodbridge/Perth Amboy switched considering that T-band is not dead yet. But if they did move, it would be "E" anyway so nothing new would change for us on the scanning side of things.

racescan_fan

Sorry about the link my computer just updated to Microsoft Edge and I'm still figuring it out. The link is from the North Brunswick website go to agendas and minutes under the government section and search for the council meeting from 3/30/20.

mdsxfire

EDBM
So that little bit of reading puts that in concrete, they are moving all township services to the counties TRS, that’s 2 of the 4 Brunswicks. The little graphic they had from the county has a list of towns on it or going to it and I see Piscataway listed...hmmm didn’t think they would leave their P25 system, maybe some towns are abandoning their Tband on the side of caution?? Time will tell

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Caught TG 968 yesterday (in the clear), mentioning Recycle Units.

On another note I was looking at the full breakdown for No.Brunswick; and it looks like they opted for (E).
When I can't even hear the local towns around me anymore - I need to find a new hobby soon :(.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

On another note I was looking at the full breakdown for No.Brunswick; and it looks like they opted for (E).
When I can't even hear the local towns around me anymore - I need to find a new hobby soon :(.
For N. Brunswick are they encrypting just PD channels or Fire/EMS as well?

mdsxfire

EDBM

For N. Brunswick are they encrypting just PD channels or Fire/EMS as well?
from what I read it looks like the cops are E all the mobiles for fire/ems notes somewhere in the literature that they were non encrypted

mdsxfire

EDBM
Yesterday I got North Brunswick Police TGID: 14101 clear simulcast of 502.3875 and North Brunswick Fire/EMS TGID: 14201 clear. I also haven't picked anything up From South Brunswick simulcast TG for the past week.
i was wondering if South Brunswick PD made the change to the county system and went E, so i was listening to their EDACS system and they are still operating on it, no word as to why they took the patch down. I know when they were setting our radios up the patch was taken down right before we started using the system full time, so maybe they are getting ready to flip

mdsxfire

EDBM
As of Friday, north brunswick police/fire/ems are all full time patched to their respective TGs on the system. Looks like the DPW, already has some live trunked radios working as well as patched from their uhf. Still no word on why they dropped the south brunswick Pd patch, and I have heard little to nothing the fire side TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.