Middlesex County P25 Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

X9009X

To answer some burning questions.

South Brunswick's patch was dropped on the behest of South Brunswick PD. They are transitioning now fully to Middlesex County TRS. There new 9-1-1 system went live last week. There new Symphony Consoles will be cutover when all Public Safety entities are fully reprogrammed by Twp I.T. Department.

North Brunswick patches are live working through the L3HARRIS Network First Switch.
The DPW mobile transfers are approximately 65% completed at this point.

North Brunswick Public Safety will transfer over completely after the renovations on there dispatch area are completed.

racescan_fan

I'm not sure if Perth Amboy is beginning to transition to the county TRS but since Tuesday I have heard the Police on the old P25 frequency 453.4250 NAC 365 clear.

Last edited:

racescan_fan

Perth Amboy PD has been back on the Woodbridge TRS since Friday and I think TGID: 33 on the county TRS might be a patch from SPEN-1.I heard Florham Park calling out a chase to surrounding towns.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Perth Amboy PD has been back on the Woodbridge TRS since Friday and I think TGID: 33 on the county TRS might be a patch from SPEN-1.I heard Florham Park calling out a chase to surrounding towns.

Thanks for that (SPEN). I am surprised so FEW TRS don’t carry SPEN patch.

I was listening late last week. There was a 2 AL fire in Edison. I heard tones dropped on TG 41 CO OEM HAZMAT. This was for MAC notifications.

Anyone happen to have that tone pair? TIA

GM

Premium Subscriber
Just as an observation, there are unknown County radios that now utilize the iCall feature (Individual Unit to Unit direct conversation not in a talkgroup). For those who monitor this system, might want to set your scanner to search mode. On an SDS100, it will show i0000000 (SRC) i0000000 where 0 is the radio ID number.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Just as an observation, there are unknown County radios that now utilize the iCall feature (Individual Unit to Unit direct conversation not in a talkgroup). For those who monitor this system, might want to set your scanner to search mode. On an SDS100, it will show i0000000 (SRC) i0000000 where 0 is the radio ID number.
What do most of these conversations sound like (FD,PD,admin, DPW etc) and do u know how to listen to them on a unication, I’m guessing just using the wildcard TG so the system is wide open

GM

Premium Subscriber
It has been identified to me as South Brunswick DPW using the iCall/Private direct unit to unit mode feature on the TRS. I have my SDS100 set to Search mode, and it appears that way. I'm not sure how you would set it up yet in Scan mode, nor do I have any knowledge on using a Unication to monitor them. On previous Uniden model scanners, I would set up a talkgroup as 700000 for Motorola systems and it would monitor the iCalls that way, but "those were the days..."

Status
Not open for further replies.