Middlesex county TRS Control Channels

mdsxfire

EDBM
the control channel on the system most of the times i have checked in the last few years has always been one of the 700 frequencies. i’ve noticed in the last few weeks it has been changing seemingly daily between the 800 frequencies. while this isn’t newsworthy or change anything i was just wondering did they just recently actually put the frequency pairs into service for added capacity with edison and others coming online or have they always been in use and they are just moving the CC around

X9009X

the control channel on the system most of the times i have checked in the last few years has always been one of the 700 frequencies. i’ve noticed in the last few weeks it has been changing seemingly daily between the 800 frequencies. while this isn’t newsworthy or change anything i was just wondering did they just recently actually put the frequency pairs into service for added capacity with edison and others coming online or have they always been in use and they are just moving the CC around
Its the time of year that the Preventive Maintenance tests are being performed. The system engineers take out and put back the system sites into bypass mode as to not interfere with operations. This will continue through the month of March. In the future when all of the upgrades and PM's are completed you will see all channels operational.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
”This will lead the world to more sound and fury. These thistles bend in a high wind”

Able to offer insight on the why for months on end. Understand testing. System mapping or Edison testing? SPEN patch back? Thanks.

X9009X

”This will lead the world to more sound and fury. These thistles bend in a high wind”

Able to offer insight on the why for months on end. Understand testing. System mapping or Edison testing? SPEN patch back? Thanks.
First things First, how did you get an encrypted radio? This was for L3HARRIS doing engineering testing with an agreement with Middlesex County on new firmware releases.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I do not have an encrypted radio. That TG was in the clear. Search this forum (top right) “Harvard Sentence” .

GM

Premium Subscriber
I heard it on TG 64504 for over a year as well in the clear. Typically, it was heard on 851.1750 during the testing prior to Edison joining the system. I was told that the 700 MHz freqs were taken offline due to a systemwide-site upgrade. The Edison sites have the upgrades performed to them, but the County owned sites were to be upgraded next from what I understood. There was no timeframe for the upgrade. Exactly what was upgraded at the sites was not told to me.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
A review of this thread seems to indicate the 700MHZ channels were to return about March. I see no 700 activity on the Middlesex Simulcast site 10 whatsoever. Are the 700 MHZ channels returning to the TRS? Sayerville site still using.

As a side note I see little FDMA activity with exception of NBPD. I wonder why that one department.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
It has been one year since the 700 MHZ channels for the Middlesex County TRS Cell have been used. No activity NADA. This coincided with the addition on new Site (s).
Anyone else see anything?

The database is still carrying these.

Sayerville Site remains active on its 700MHZ channels.

mdsxfire

EDBM
It has been one year since the 700 MHZ channels for the Middlesex County TRS Cell have been used. No activity NADA. This coincided with the addition on new Site (s).

I haven’t taken a look in a while, but that is weird, I have a contact I’m gonna reach out to see if I can get an answer

mdsxfire

EDBM
So can confirm the 700’s are down for a few reasons, one is upgrades and updates still ongoing and some hardware issues being addressed and I assume waiting for parts. With what they have on the system I was told still plenty of capacity with just the 800’s online

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Which is exactly why the 700 MHz frequencies have not been removed from the RRDB. It's a temporary, albeit prolonged, condition.

X9009X

In finishing the Bi-Yearly preventive maintenance testing it was found that 2 of the Transmit Di-Plexers were inop. The spare was installed to replace the one bad unit and 2 new ones were ordered and should be in soon. At that point all 16 frequencies will be enabled. The Diplexers function if you should ask, is the device that combines the 700 combiner and the 800 combiners into one antenna. Most of the time a spare unit would be suffice but when two go bad this is what happens. One of the bad units will be repaired and kept as a secondary spare.

All firmware upgrades are completed at this time as part of the Counties Upgrade.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
In finishing the Bi-Yearly preventive maintenance testing it was found that 2 of the Transmit Di-Plexers were inop. The spare was installed to replace the one bad unit and 2 new ones were ordered and should be in soon. At that point all 16 frequencies will be enabled. The Diplexers function if you should ask, is the device that combines the 700 combiner and the 800 combiners into one antenna. Most of the time a spare unit would be suffice but when two go bad this is what happens. One of the bad units will be repaired and kept as a secondary spare.

All firmware upgrades are completed at this time as part of the Counties Upgrade.
Real nice…appreciate that. System sounds outstanding. Amazing amount of traffic.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed today that the 700 MHz frequencies are back on-line, and the current CC is 769.54375.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Interesting to note the provisioning of the 700 channels. Most commonly 1P25 and 2 Slots 1/2. This is exactly how the 800 plan is.

The 700 channels are provisioned differently. TDMA only. Makes sense.

X9009X

Was informed today that the 700 are back offline, anyone confirm
The Control Channel is 8, the Control point is Fire Academy Tower Site, the active channels are the 700 band. Don't know who gives you the information, but its incorrect. As the Diplexers are replaced at the sites, see my previous post, we are exercising the 700 frequencies. Plenty of capacity 16 talkpaths, and the phase 1 users are being weeded out as they pop up,

GM

Premium Subscriber
I'm seeing all 700 MHz frequencies in use currently, however I have not seen the 800 MHz freqs in use. Perhaps the 700 MHz freqs are the primary now, and once all 700 MHz freqs are in use, then the 800 MHz freqs become active? Either way, system seems to be working perfectly on my SDS100. I have also noticed that Phase 1 is not being used that often at all, compared to in the past. Perhaps that's because the older radios that were Phase 1 only have been replaced or upgraded to include Phase 2?

mdsxfire

EDBM
The Control Channel is 8, the Control point is Fire Academy Tower Site, the active channels are the 700 band. Don't know who gives you the information, but its incorrect. As the Diplexers are replaced at the sites, see my previous post, we are exercising the 700 frequencies. Plenty of capacity 16 talkpaths, and the phase 1 users are being weeded out as they pop up,
Thank you, info was received 3rd hand at best and I’m at work and couldn’t confirm so I figured I would come to my ppl for the answer, which as usual didn’t fail me