Middletown Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

Does the City of Middletown really answer their own 911?

I saw an article today about them possibly giving it up, but I thought Orange County answers 911 for them now and then transfers the call and sends it via CAD

If they did it would be a BAD move. Not just because of the call volume but all of the other functions that their dispatchers provide

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Any 911 call made within Orange County is answered by the County, including cellular (which was previously answered by NYSP). Depending on what type of response is required, the CAD incident is generated for each Agency. Those agencies that have their own dispatch will dispatch the call out from the CAD. For Priority Police calls, it is send to the nearest unit via AVL polling, except the Cities (Middletown, Newburgh and Port Jervis). A few towns opted out of that (like Town of Newburgh, New Windsor) years ago, but that has since changed and are now polled. Villages were also not polled because they were assumed to be the closet unit since they are so small but that may have changed since as well. I'm GUESSING Middletown may have agreed to be polled now for OCSO, NYSP units that are closer. Mobile Life handles EMS in the City. I believe for Fire, County dispatches and the paid guy at the Station repeats it on their frequency. Could be they are just letting County do that and rolling their 7 digit over. I can't see County handling Middletown PD dispatch full time. They can't even handle the agencies they have now due to limited frequencies, staffing and incompetence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comspec333

Does the City of Middletown really answer their own 911?

I saw an article today about them possibly giving it up, but I thought Orange County answers 911 for them now and then transfers the call and sends it via CAD

If they did it would be a BAD move. Not just because of the call volume but all of the other functions that their dispatchers provide

If it was the article on Mid-Hudson News, it was highly inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.