Middletown fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

You can add talkgroup 204 as command channel I don’t know how to add. But at a fire now and they went to it.

l'm wondering if the fire channel also does EMS too. I hear a lot of fire disp calls going to something an EMS would.

I think i heard a person trying to suicide and the fire was called out - literally no reason for fire to go to a suicide call. Police and ems I can see but not fire.

I hear a lot of fire disp calls going to something an EMS would.
Yes the FD handles the EMS calls along with Hunter's and the Middlesex Medic, if needed.

There's City Fire, Westfield, and South District - all have their own Talk Groups..

City Fire has had two structure fires today. That's rare.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
I hear a lot of fire disp calls going to something an EMS would.
It depends on how the fire department is licensed with the state and how they operate.
If they are licensed as First Responders, than they would go to every EMS call.
Not sure exactly how they operate.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
I saw your post doc.

I know they do EMS calls.... I just haven’t paid attention enough listening to them, or have any carnal knowledge of the licensing/operating procedures of the Dept to give a solid answer. So I chose a more broad answer so I didn’t mis-speak.

Dickie_10

You can add talkgroup 204 as command channel I don’t know how to add. But at a fire now and they went to it.

For what its worth, during the big Dainty Rubbish fire earlier this year (Jan or Feb??) that channel was referred to by dispatch as "Fire Incident 5" and was used to dispatch mutual aid cover companies to other calls in the city.

Also, talkgroup 212 is the full time encrypted Fire TG mentioned earlier. It was used a lot during the beginning of the pandemic to relay patient info, before screening protocols were put in place.

t5holmes

Premium Subscriber
For what its worth, during the big Dainty Rubbish fire earlier this year (Jan or Feb??) that channel was referred to by dispatch as "Fire Incident 5" and was used to dispatch mutual aid cover companies to other calls in the city.

Also, talkgroup 212 is the full time encrypted Fire TG mentioned earlier. It was used a lot during the beginning of the pandemic to relay patient info, before screening protocols were put in place.
The fire at Washington st command was talking on the 204 and was calling it command channel. there are many more Talkgroups not really being used at this time. We were using fd echo for pt info earlier Not so much now.

Status
Not open for further replies.