Middletown P25 phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick91

Premium Subscriber
Attempting to listen to Middletown with a BCD996P2. From Burlington i pick up Wallingford and Meriden pretty clear. Copied Middletown's feed from radiorefernce on free scan but says its still searching for control channels after i put in the APCO band....any suggestions?

nick91

Premium Subscriber
I am in Middletown .

PD is encrypted so all you'll hear is Public Works and Fire.

View attachment 92353

If you can't receive the control channel , you won't hear anything.

The active control channel is 859.5125
Ah, thank you I'm only trying to listen to fire talkgroups but i might just be too far. New Britain did the same thing then all of sudden started coming in clear.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The range doesn't work that accurately but you are still a long way for consistent reception. I receive the control channel from Granby clear enough to run DSDPlus but cannot monitor the voice, not quite enough power to get a decent signal through.
Lots of hills and hollows, depends where you monitor from.

chris

t5holmes

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to hear them on clrm as they are hooked into it. I hear them on other than there own system. It’s a 65xxxx talk group.

Reconrider

You should be able to hear them on clrm as they are hooked into it. I hear them on other than there own system. It’s a 65xxxx talk group.
65xxx is roaming tgids. Anyone can use them if they need to(programmed to be allowed)

55engine

Premium Subscriber
somebody told me that they submitted it that’s why I was asking about this channel But I will request it as well as that other person this conversation is done

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Yes.Then I think that if the VHF channel can no longer be heard I think it should be taken out of the database
If the VHF Repeater is in place as a backup to the trunk, the entry in the DB will remain. If the VHF equipment has been removed, repeater and all other radios, then it will be tagged depreciated and auto purged. I'll double check that the naming field is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.