Middletown p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul612

Premium Subscriber
Usually they recycle the old frequencies they just convert them over when they convert the system

t5holmes

Premium Subscriber
Some will be used for tone out capability that is all. I dont see any listing yet for groups. I hear public works now on the system and they have been testing. Going live November 5th .

t5holmes

Premium Subscriber
Only pd is encrypted.. fd has an encrypted group won’t be used routinely. Some new talkgroups this week playing with radio 201 Westfield, 200 mfd.

Dickie_10

Only pd is encrypted.. fd has an encrypted group won’t be used routinely. Some new talkgroups this week playing with radio 201 Westfield, 200 mfd.

TG 202 appears to be South District Fire, during the summer that talkgroup occasionally had a patch from their VHF. Not a lot of voice traffic recently but DSDplus has logged a number of radio affiliations to that TG.

Do you happen to have a Talkgroup list
No. The only two groups on the new system are PD and Public Works.

Public Works is heard VERY rarely.

Fire, citywide, is still using their old frequencies.

I've heard testing on over 20 groups, but they don't say what they are being used for.

MFCJR

DPW and the fire tone test's they are doing come in loud and clear by the New Britain/Newington town line.

MFCJR

I heard some brief encryption on 101. I think my scanner blocks most of it. The 3 fire TG's I hear are 200, 201, 202.

MFCJR

Yes, Uniden 536. But it does not block New Britain's encryption for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.