Middletown p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
Middletown's system has a five mile range. I know my portable radio goes to about rocky hill then out of range. The unification pagers go out range in my living room, in the westfield district. Hopefully this may extend range a bit. I work in Granby and have to use live audio links to listen.

They should have left all the Dispatching on 46.18 like the rest of county.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Woodbury did the same when they went P25.. they didn't realize until after they got the equipment they needed 100+ new $750-$1,000 pagers for VFD and Volunteer Ambulances, so they kept the old repeater on the air simulcasting the new P25 radios and frequency.
You might want to pass on listening to who gave you that info, Digital pagers were not available until almost 8 years after they went p25, and the paging channel isn't an old repeater, they used to be on low band, its just a console patch at dispatch from the P25 channel to the paging channel

t5holmes

Premium Subscriber
155.085 is the dispatch for mfd for station alerting. Wfd still have a bunch of minitor pagers thus the 159.270.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Too bad about PD though.

I'll be sure to not expect anything . I used to hear them from Hartford when I lived there.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I never listened to them unless I heard sirens whizzing by the house.

Too many petty calls.

I listen to all calls. From the small to the large. For all agencies that I can.

Its especially important when you have relatives or friends there. Now I just shrug because we can't hear anything, except if something spills over to the state PD.

t5holmes

Premium Subscriber
I brought my pager( unification crap) and portable radio to work in granby. They both work there now on the middletown system where before they were dead in whethersfield. So it appears by connecting with clmrn they have extended the range of the system.

cg

Premium Subscriber
That would not change to power/reception of the system that is programmed into your radios. If your radio was programmed for CLMRN, it would affiliate to a Middletown TG via a CLMRN frequency/site and then the group would be temporarily patched to that CLMRN site. Your pager would not have the ability as it would not be able to affiliate and "request" that group to be rebroadcast on Troop H Sites.

chris

t5holmes

Premium Subscriber
That would not change to power/reception of the system that is programmed into your radios. If your radio was programmed for CLMRN, it would affiliate to a Middletown TG via a CLMRN frequency/site and then the group would be temporarily patched to that CLMRN site. Your pager would not have the ability as it would not be able to affiliate and "request" that group to be rebroadcast on Troop H Sites.

chris
Maybe they boosted power the unification pager now scans several sites. It hasnt worked past exit 24 on 91 since we got them. Now it works in granby 1 bar though. The portable rssi was zero in granby and read out of range now the rssi is 38 to 40 and can connect to the system.

cg

Premium Subscriber
That is the more likely scenario. Could be some antenna work as well. I can see the CC on DSDPlus but cannot decode the audio.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.