Middletown PD call signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger05

Hello all, new here. I know nothing about the scanner world. This looks like a good site to learn. I do know that my old Pro-2039 will become obselete later this year when Butler Co. switches to the new system. But, i'll worry about that when the time comes. In the meantime, it works great. I mainly listen to Middletown PD and Fire. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what their unit call signs represent. I've heard Lincoln Units, Adam Units (two man unit's I believe), KL something units, and David Units (Detectives maybe?). Thanks for any info!

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what their unit call signs represent. I've heard Lincoln Units, Adam Units (two man unit's I believe), KL something units, and David Units (Detectives maybe?). Thanks for any info!

Welcome aboard.

Take a look at the Butler County listing in the database. The unit number schemes are listed in the Files section.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Middletown still uses its own Unit number scheme that they have used for years. Here are the main ones that you will hear the most.

Lincoln= Single officer patrol unit

Adam= Two officer patrol unit

David= Detective

KS= Sergeant

KL= Lieutenant

KM= Major

John= Juvenile Detective's or School Resource Officer's etc.

There's probably a few that I'm missing but these are the primary one's that you will hear on an almost daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.