• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Midland 70-1526B info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

I am looking for some info on the Midland 70-1526B UHF 8-CH radio. I need to locate a power cord or plug to build a cord. I have the software but need the cable. i am assuming the XTR 10-pin cable is it. I have also heard that these can do UHF HAM band with some software editing.....can someone verify?

Thanks

NC4AB

Premium Subscriber
The 1526 will do 440 amateur after you edit the software, you may have to tune the VCOs (only requires a voltmeter). Uses the same cable as the XTR / SYN-TECH II radios.

The 1526 will also do 22 channels if you program it with the XTR software, but since you only have a single digit readout so most people only program then for 10 channels. As always practice safe radio programming by reading the radio and saving an archive before making it do things it normally wouldn't.

PM / E-mail me if you need more info.

Last edited:

wcu02mpa

Molex number?

Part #'s
70-1311 power cord
70-150308 pins
39-00-0039 molex connector

I ran the molex number though mouser and it comes up as the pins. Can you advise the correct molex number, which pin number is correct and the pinouts?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.