Midland LMR help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankRaffa

I've come into possession of a Midland 70-0520c which I'm told can be adapted to operate on the 6M ham band. I lack the tools and program to do the mod. Does anyone know if there's someone on the Island between Riverhead and Bay Ridge that can do it?

ChetsJug

LMR programming

https://youtu.be/zeJKu2PLwKA

This fella has a shop in Mt. Airy, NC. He gives his phone number and email address. In the vid you'll see at least 100 Midland business radiios that he converts to HAM. He says to call with any questions.

This is Mike McCoys YT channel. Watch the vid of his 6 meeter antenna. He mispronounces Dominater, he calls it Denominator lol.Great vids of his radio collection too.

But this is the guy that gave me inspiration to go ahead and convert Midland LMR Business band radios to other uses like MURS, GMRS etc. As soon as I finish my HAM ticket, I'll convert a couple for that too.

Midland Technical Information Page
Providing Greeneville and Greene County Tennessee with Quality Communications Services < MP-1 programmer about fifty bucks.

The software is hard to get since Midland still has patents. There is an Australian company that has their own software that works with the MP-1 unit. It's a little confusing at first, but everything works and is affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.