• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Midland Syn-Tech III P25 Radio Model: STP-404A

Status
Not open for further replies.

aptarmbps

Have been doing some research on the radio and coming up blank as far as user comments or feedback is concerned. Anybody use them and if so what are your thoughts, and how does it compare to some of the other P25 portables on the market. I really like the channels, user functions and other features it has compared to other units based on the owners manual. I found a unit for sale on ebay and it is priced fairly descent considering how insanely expensive these were when they first came out.

Does anyone in this forum have any thoughts or first hand experienced with these STP series P25 radios? I'd appreciate any feedback or any advice. I already own a Thales RACAL25 and would like another inexpensive unit added to my arsenal.

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
I have had one for about five years. I don't use it often, but I do like , seems well built and it is a small radio for P25.

Jim

aptarmbps

I have had one for about five years. I don't use it often, but I do like , seems well built and it is a small radio for P25.

Jim

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and bought this radio. I cant find the programming software. The FPP feature is disabled and looks like I will be forced to purchase the programming software. I have google searched " Midland STP Series" software and coming up blank. You think you can point me in the right direction? I am thinking of contacting Midland directly regarding the programming software and cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.