Midland Texas PD and my Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta57

I own an BC-245XLT a Pro-164 and an HP. Mostly listen to the HP and use the others for aviation and other conventional. My daughter is a new MPD officer and so the wife's interest in listening to MPD is now high (which means she wants to carry the 245 or the 164 with her).

I used ARC 300 to download the frequencies from RR to the 164 but the scanner gives several beeps after most transmissions and misses many calls. I plugged the MPD channels into the 245 and it trunks like a champ. I rechecked the frequencies on the 164 - that they started in channel 01, were not locked out, or attentuated or otherwise changed -and are the same frequencies as in the 245. I live in the middle of town and hear everything fine on the HP and 245 - both using their stock antennas. I have also tried a number of different antennas on the 164 including a co-workers 2M car mounted antenna with no difference. Sitting at home or driving around town makes no difference in reception. Again, conventional comes in fine on the 164.

I must be missing something. Appreciate any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.