Midland weather radio wr-100 users??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shine

Yes I think it is one of the best on the market. I've hade mine four years no trouble what so ever

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to block out all the alerts except tornado warnings? This thing drives me nuts. I've gotten to where I leave it off.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. That's just great. Mine has gone off ALL afternoon. I feel like busting this thing up with a sledge hammer and shipping it to James Spann. I would if I didn't think it would have the Hoover Bomb Squad showing up because of it. I should have known better.

EMS-1

Gotta get you a better SAME wx radio there dave and put the hammer in the closet!. I have the Rat Shack one and it only tells me when its local and probably cost less than the unidens. Only issue with the SAME radios these days is they have the FIPS code for tuscaloosa county screwed up and it dont work but according to james spann the powers that be are working on it.

Last edited:

dgoodson

Feed Provider
I have had a WR100 for several months, and do NOT care for it. I replaced a RadioShack unit that worked faithfully for years til it gave up the ghost. Both had SAME, and worked, HOWEVER-- the WR100, when it "goes off" stays "OPEN" for a fixed amount of time, i think its 8 minutes, unless you are nearby to physically reset it. The RS unit reset (muted) itself as soon as NOAA transmitted the end of message signal, so all you heard was the actual message of interest. With the Midland, it drones on and on until the time expires. (I know, I know... but trust me, for a variety of reasons, it isn't always convenient to get to the radio and hit the reset.)

My two cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.