Midwest city Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCFreak

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 scanners and for some reason MWC 154.2050 come is every second then a weird nois so you only hear a tiny but of unreadable info.

fireant

Last I heard MWC Fire was on the state system still unless they have gone back to their VHF frequency like the police did their UHF frequencies for coverage issues.

fireant

BCFreak

Premium Subscriber
They seem to flip flop back n forth

I will hear a call and FG on 800 but most of the initial alrts are on analog.

check out the freq and maybe you might be ableto hear it and give me some idea.

Thanks

KX5MOT

The FD is indeed on 800, what traffic you are hearing on VHF is the dispatch call being simulcasted. The noise you are hearing is probably the data signaling to open the bay doors at the stations

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If they are on 154.205 your probally hearing the Fire Dept. here in Elk City trying to dispatach a call. We are on the same channel and same PL tone. Don't know what numbnutt did that but we can hear MWC dispatch every morning.

SABRE46

If they are on 154.205 your probally hearing the Fire Dept. here in Elk City trying to dispatach a call. We are on the same channel and same PL tone. Don't know what numbnutt did that but we can hear MWC dispatch every morning.

Used to be the same way with us and Chickasha....

woodyrr

Something is up with MCFD conventional fire channel 1.

Earlier today, I heard radio tests between apparatus and dispatch but no apparatus with an identifier higher than 2, i.e. "Ladder 2". I thought that MCFD might be getting ready to put the 800 MHz fire radios into the same dumpster that they put the police radios in, but they are working a run on trunked 7A and a drill on 7F as I type this.

Del City just dispatched an EMS call and it was broadcast on MCFD conventional channel 1 and was not broadcast on Del City fire channel 1. It will be interesting to monitor the channel tomorrow morning at radio test time.

woodyrr

It appears as if, for whatever reason, Del City Fire Department has moved communications to the "old" MCFD channel 1.

Earlier this morning, Del City dispatched an EMS call on MCFD 1. At 7:00 they conducted a tone out test and radio checks between dispatch and apparatus.

I am going to make the change to my radios. While just using the frequency temporarily while their primary repeater was down would be easy since it is already in their radios for mutual aid, although I don't know, I have the feeling that using the station tone out feature would require reprogramming radios and pagers which wouldn't be done for a short term deal.

woodyrr

Oh well !

Sure as I open my mouth to speculate out loud, I manage to get my nasty old foot stuck in it. I guess that Del City was just using Midwest City's fire repeater temporarily. This afternoon, they moved everybody back and are presumably operating on Del City channel 1. I'll listen to the radio tests at 7:00 tomorrow morning to make sure and then I'll crawl back in my hole - never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.