miffed

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitorboy

Premium Subscriber
still trying to monitor saginaw counties new sys.with my pro2096 lots of garbled transmissions and machine gun noise.this even happens while in saginaw.thought it would get better when the old sys.was shut down but it didnt
is anybody still experencing this prob or is it my radio,i'm really miffed. i"m using a rs 800 mhz rubber duck,any help or suggestions would be apperciated

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Saginaw County is a simulcast system.
Simulcast - The RadioReference Wiki

The problems you're experiencing are common. The PRO-96 (and PRO-2096) seem to be more susceptible than the newer PRO-106/PRO-197 updated models. But they do not function 100% in these environments.

Some have made improvements using a directional antenna such as a Yagi, to concentrate on one tower site, while rejecting the others in the area, to some degree. It's not a perfect solution either.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
thanx you for your advice,at least its more than likely not my scanner.thanks again

You're welcome. You might want to try testing reception in different parts of your room, or your entire house, to see if you can improve things. Sometimes moving the radio a couple of feet in a room can make a difference.

a29zuk

Are you using an indoor or outdoor antenna? Either way try using the attenuator. If you are using just a rubber duckie antenna lay it down in a horizontal position. This will make it more directional and may nullify a signal from another tower. If all else fails you may have to buy a beam antenna and point it at one tower. These simulcasts play havoc with most scanners. Fortunetely,down here in Genesee County, the Holly tower broadcasts the ID's used on the Genesee Simulcast so I am spared the garbled transmissions.

Good Luck,
Jim

SCPD

QRT
I would also suggest getting a Pro 106 or 197. I lost tons of transmissions on the Genesee Co simulcast system with my Pro 96 but with the Pro 106 the problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.