Stations Mighty KBC 5960KHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

Coming in with short fade outs here in Oklahoma. How is Mighty KBC coming in for your location? I am listening on a RadioShack 20-629 1.711KHZ to 29999KHZ radio.

Last edited:

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
A peek on short-wave.info advises that Mighty KBC is on-air from 00:00 - 02:00 UTC Sunday on 5960. I definitely missed it.

S

simpilo

Mighty KBC 5960khz AM Sundays 0000-0200UTC

Listen at these times. Pick the time Time Zone that is accurate to your USA location:
Saturdays:
8-10pm Eastern
7-9pm Central
6-8pm Mountain
5-7pm Pacific
2pm-4pm Hawaiian
3pm-5pm Alaska
6pm-8pm Costa Rica

Nothing, not even a carrier. 2000local 0700UTC.
New Zealand +13 hours GMT
Sundays 1pm-3pm
I have noticed the time is high noon there at the time it KBC broadcasts. The 60m band does well during the grey line propagation in the evening. You might want to listen in on a WebSDR like K3FEF or NA5B
K3FEF WebSDR in NE Pennsylvania
NA5B – WebSDR

The Mighty KBC Trucker Radio on 6095 AM Shortwave

Last edited:

mbott

Premium Subscriber
For the last two weekends, I've had some of the best conditions to listen to The Mighty KBC that I've experienced in quite a long time. It has been a nice change. Even the Voice of Turkey has cooperated by not interfering with KBC. :)

--
Mike

S

simpilo

Saturday evening is two nights away. Ap Index is estimated to be 10 which isn't promising for 60m band. Cross your fingers! Don't forget to tune in!
Mighty KBC 5960khz AM Sundays 0000-0200UTC

Listen at these times. Pick the time Time Zone that is accurate to your USA location:
Saturdays:
8-10pm Eastern
7-9pm Central
6-8pm Mountain
5-7pm Pacific
2pm-4pm Hawaiian
3pm-5pm Alaska
6pm-8pm Costa Rica
If you're state doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time add one hour.

Mighty KBC Transmits 1 minute of MFSK at half past the second hour. Use your preferred MFSK decoder. Please share your decoded image in https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/tonights-mightykbc-mfsk64.386282/

Last edited:

scanchs

Mighty KBC is coming in like gangbusters at +20dB on my Icom R71A here in Coastal South Carolina this evening. It sounds really good so far. Will see if it lasts for the full two hours. Just for giggles, I put the frequency into my AOR AR-DV1 and it is also coming in strong on it. So much for the DV1 supposedly being deaf on HF. It sounds great to me.

ScanCHS

Last edited:

scanchs

Tuned in the Mighty KBC again this evening, and once again, it is a strong signal into Coastal South Carolina. There is a little more fading this week than there was last week, but it is still a very readable signal even during the slow fades. This station makes the trip across the pond quite well. It is very enjoyable to hear a good program that is something besides religion or politics. I hope they can keep it up.

ScanCHS

S

simpilo

Tuned in the Mighty KBC again this evening, and once again, it is a strong signal into Coastal South Carolina. There is a little more fading this week than there was last week, but it is still a very readable signal even during the slow fades. This station makes the trip across the pond quite well. It is very enjoyable to hear a good program that is something besides religion or politics. I hope they can keep it up.

ScanCHS
Let's not forget WTWW 5085 which always is strong in the evenings transmitting good music from the years gone by. They found a bunch of vinyl records in a closed off room then started playing them. Thewre is also Voice of America that plays an hour of more modern music. I forgot the time and days for VOA. WTWW is pretty much every evening.

Mighty KBC is a little bit unique as it is a beamed signal, from Germany, aimed towards the stratosphere at a angle that bounces to North America. They are actually in the Netherlands but relay their broadcast to Nauen, Germany. The big bad boy they use at the Nauen, Germany site in the image.

Attachments

• 414px-Sendeanlage_Nauen_Drehstandantenne.jpg
    414px-Sendeanlage_Nauen_Drehstandantenne.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.