Mil Air Freqs from the WIKI to the Database for PRO-107

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Would it be possible to add the Mil Air frequencies from the WIKI to the database, so they would be available for import to the new Radio Shack PRO-107 iSCAN?

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you would need to submit a ticket via the Submit Info link in the blue toolbar for the county/area where these milair freqs reside, and specify the URL of the article you want absorbed. I've done this before, in fact.

73 Mike

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I can do that, but I'm wondering if it would be easier, and possibly better, to lump them all together for the entire state, vs doing separate ones in each county. Maybe even a nation-wide list in one spot, seeing as many of them are redundant. What do you think?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No....you may not be aware of this, but there's a wholesale move of milair freqs in the 380-390 mhz range due to the adoption of new trunking systems in that range. Not every freq in that range is being used, mind you, but they're interspersed with regular air traffic. In addition, many freqs are also moving to fit with a new bandplan.

The wiki is a much better place for these since anyone - not just a DBA - can change them. The database is a good place for those freqs that are known to be solid, and not likely to change in the near term. Only those folks in your area will know the difference between the two.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.